« Fashion, Style, Shopping Forum

Alt fashion for men (Advice needed) [closed]

So I'm 17 and live in The Netherlands, and I have been interested in alternative fashion recently, compared to the standard colored T-shirt and blue jeans. But it has been hard for me to really find a good style, and if I find something it's mainly for girls, or shop to purchase clothing. Does anybody have any tips or advice for men's alt fashion? I'm open to almost anything (o^▽^o)

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by arlo atomickk

posted

I'd say as long as it is in your comfort zone, don't restrict yourself to 'male' or 'female' clothing labels, you can wear clothes targetted at females if you like it! Other than that, I'd say make some compilations of male fashion you like to inspire your future shopping trips - try to establish basics (black jeans/shirts etc) and try to DIY what you already have. 

Blue jeans? no problem, dye them black! or stencil some cool designs on them! 

Boring shirt? Same thing! Try to look up some DIYs in a style you like online and work with what you have before trying to establish a whole new wardrobe you know?

Report Reply

Reply by duncannnn

posted

id say be creative! use stencils on ur jeans or sew some chains onto them, u can find chains at the craft store usually. make sure to stack up on accessories which you can find on online sites, I don't recommend any name-brand places for accessories bc they overprice their stuff a lot! try to get some basics such as tshirts, buttons ups, jeans, shoes/boots, make sure that u have a color scheme such as: black white and green or white grey and purple. have fun and experiment, try something that u never would have thought ud like, there's a lot that you can do depending on the subgenre u choose! 

Report Reply

Reply by Glacier

posted

Thanks so much for the reply's Rodrick!ZeKoi and V3N0M B01! (´。• ᵕ •。`) ♡

Report Reply

Reply by tahilio

posted

2nd gen Emo fashion is virtually unisex, so you’ll be able to find very accessible places for that - same with punk & metalhead fashion, but for goth you’ll want to search with a focus for more patterns on suits, or Victorian-reminiscent accessories & fashion. Ouji is male Lolita, but I know men who take part in the women’s version anyway. Skinheads, rudeboys & Hippies are also pretty unisex.

Report Reply

Reply by Jesse

posted

As someone else said, buying clothes/taking fashion inspo regardless of intended 'gender' is a great way to build the sickest sense of style ever!

I also think building a good pinterest board with fashion/aesthetics you like can be a great way to find out the styles/vibes you like and don't like. Once you find niche little fashion subgenres its way easier to find exactly the kinds of clothes you want!

gl !!

Report Reply

Glacier closed this Forum Topic