« Books and Stories Forum

book/manga recommendations

Posted by dani (♡°▽°♡)

posted
updated

Forum: Books and Stories

honstlyyyy i wanna get into reading again, does anyone have any good book/manga recommendations? can be any genre :P

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Ghoulia

posted

Percy Jackson is an awesome book series! its childish but i love it 

unwind is great too

Report Reply

Reply by swaghaver

posted

azumanga daioh is a silly little manga with a silly anime adaptation, love it. if you want something with a more serious tone, i suggest the kurosagi corpse delivery service, it's one of my fav manga series :D

Report Reply

Reply by babsie

posted

Hopefully webtoons are ok to recommend as well? You might enjoy "Seasons of Blossom" in it's first season, it's a really cute, wholesome romance story but then gets into a lot of other characters lives and touches wonderfully on human connections and depression. It gets a bit heavy starting in the 2nd season but it's still so great! 

"I Had That Same Dream Again" is a manga that has some dark references but is ultimately a positive and touching manga. It follows this friendly outcast and her friendship with 3 other women. The art style is also really cute imo, and it's a short read! 

I'll add trigger warnings to both of these recs for sh/suicidal discussions

As for recs without any trigger warnings (as far as I can remember! It's prob best to look it up before reading if that's a concern) I'd recommend "Ring My Bell" as a cute, romance manga. "The Greatest Estate Developer" is also a hilarious webtoon if you're looking for something more focused on comedy!

Report Reply

Reply by heaveninyourhead

posted

once upon a broken heart - book

skip to loafer - manga

Report Reply

Reply by 2mi_22

posted

Hi!! so for manga, I recommend soul eater and death note. For books, I really love horror, so I recommend tender is the flesh, and for fantasy, fourth wing !

Report Reply