« Back to the █▶ We The Homestucks Are Taking Over Spa... Forum

Shipping opinions

Do yall have any opinions on ships? good or bad, controversial or accepted idc, post ur opinions on ships in the comments and lets see if we can start a ship war/j

I'll start with an obvious statement: there is WAY TO MUCH INSEST within the homestuck shipping community witch is genuinely concerning, my twitter for the longest time was infested with strider-cest and vantas-cest after a random homestuck followed me, I had to make a new ACC lmao

also: my favorite ship is sollux feferi and aradia in a pail polycule (Aka. there all <> with each other)

Report Topic

13 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by arisocto

posted

In my opinion, davekat in canon is really underwhelming. It feels like it was kind of just shoehorned into the retcon timeline for the fans and it wouldve been great to see dave and karkat's relationship evolve from rivalry to something more romantic beforehand. But nope: it was just kind of a thing all of a sudden.

Other than that solkat would make good kismesis... possibly aradia <3< vriska as well??

...and yup, too much incest shipping X(

Report Reply

Reply by Satanarchy

posted

my fav ships for each quadrant are: gamzee <3 tavros,, rose <3< vriska,, eridan <> karkat, and i dont really have any  ashen ships i can think of off the top of my head

my fav human x human ship is june/john x roxy

and i really like shipping when its actually canon accurate. I like rarepairs obviously it just really bothers me when people ship things that make 0 sense or water down the personalities of the characters. 

my least favorite ships are obviously and proship and cronus x mituna, vriska x tavros, and cronus x meulin

Report Reply

Reply by THE ▌ᴀᴛҠӀИԌ▐ OF SPACEHEY

posted

...and yup, too much incest shipping X(

i keep forgetting which ones are ectobiologically related so im winning this thing  ̄︶ ̄)

personally my biggest ship is either davekat (haven't read hs^2) and solkat and karnep .. wow that is a lot of karkat .. and gamtav

Report Reply

Reply by Milli

posted
updated

my favorite ship is EriTav.In every quadrant. no, im not joking

im not really that passionate about shipping, but i was interested in quadrants for tavros because he is my fave troll. so one day (because i saw the ship in a dream that day,not even kidding) i searched up the Eridan x Tavros ship on ao3, because 1. i saw it in a dream 2. they were on the complete opposite side of the hemospectrum. i wasnt expecting to like it, but it ended up genuinely becoming the only ship i care about, despite the 2 never interacting in canon and me not having an opinion on Eridan prior.

the fic that sold me on it was "Black sails, black romance" by mtjester if youre curious btw. its really fucking good and made me understand the black quadrant better than canon ever could, made me like Eridan and made me understand Vriska better also, somehow? after that i read all other fics i could and came to the realization that (at least 2 me) they worked in literally every quadrant.as Kismesis, Moirails, Matesprits, literally any of those.

i also think Hammer and Sickle/ Johnkat is cool i guess

Report Reply

Reply by zEKE

posted

davekat cuz theyre just silly dudes tbh. 

Report Reply

Reply by mika/jane ;-D

posted

Dirkjohn(pepsifanta) is so silly and I loov tgem smm:33 I love rare pairings!!! also jaderoxy (witchesbrew) is so gud. I like davejade but jaderoxy is siller\(^o^)/

Report Reply

for sure wayyyy too much incest in the fandom! it almost pushed me away from the fandom early on

anyways, regarding other ships, i am a multishipper and a lover of rarepairs, which means i ship sooo many characters its hard to keep track lol. but ill try:

big ones are arasol <3, erikar <> or <3, meowrails ofc, rosemary, johndave, jadenep <3, aranea x meenah, janeroxy, gamtav <3, gamkar <>, erisol <3<, signless x disciple, pormara <3, latuna <3333, dirkjake, junevris, karnep <3, arafef <>, johnkat, etc etc

my favorite rarepairs are gamvris <3, rufkri <3 (not sure if thats rare or not), arakan <>, junenep, tavfef <>, dologlare, probably more that i cant think of off the top of my head

why do i ship those rarepairs? i dunno, i just think they're neat

a few ships that i dont really get are davekat, vrisrezi, cronkri, meenvris, and other ships like that. not my cup of tea tbh

Report Reply

Reply by Eurgh

posted
updated

Man idk i like erisol♠️ But i feel like people kinda bend their personality in this ship a lot and it becomes ooc and weird. Another one i like is uuuh erifefsol their so silly and its sweet and uh idk how to combine it but its like arafeferisol or something i like poly ships and i like demolishing love triangles 

Rosemary is nice BUT I HATE HS^2 ISJJSJDJRJE, and uuuuh theres more i just forgot

I think the first ship i got into was davekat which i dont like how i have a feeling that they just added it to Homestuck^2 cuz eh idk i think i saw someone describe it as underwhelming which is true :( 

The only reason i dont really like the ship vriska x terezi is because im a scorpio and my sister is a libra and uh i do see why people like it tho but if i like it i would feel like im foing some kinda weird crime or something.

Erifef <> would and still be very toxic and unhealthy i dont think it would work 

Report Reply

Reply by Nikkiii!! <3

posted

i dont personally like Red Arasol tbh? or Davejade. and like, i am a MASSIVE multishipper!! i dont have an issue with them *just* because of my OTPs, i just always found them SO MUCH MORE INTERESTING outside of any kind of red context :( im a MASSIVE <> Arasol shipper!!!!! and davejade just always felt so plainn. (which is ironic since one of my OTPs is Davekat, but yk. i can admit when my shit is lame) also, i hate how people treat the idea of Moirailigence? and i think its because its SO SIMILAR to QPR that it just reminds me of how people *love* to delegitimize my relationship. 

Report Reply

Reply by evancel

posted

I hate Homestuck shipping, it’s all too complicated, and the fandom makes it 100% worse. sorry, haha, it’s nice to think of them as friends! :B

Report Reply

Reply by hedgeh0g

posted

Homestuck ships should stay weird imo... We're the darkest recesses of the internet, our ships stay weird!!! >:] 

My favorite ship is probably John/Jade.. ⸜(。 ˃ ᵕ ˂ )⸝♡ And Rose/Aradia ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و ♡

Report Reply

Reply by isla!! :3

posted

favorite ships are jadenep and rosemary and vrisrezi aka i love yuri!!

Report Reply

Reply by BracingStripes

posted

Roxygen was so cute! I need it to come back in hsbc. Like, I'm sure it'll be different from how the old comic treated it, but i'm all there for a more grown up roxy and john reconciling in candy and making it work.

i don't see anyone talk about it, like ever, but there's also this askblog that i used to love: light between space, which is Kanaya <3 Rose <3 Jade. The dynamics just work so well- silly dog girl balances out rosemary nicely.

Report Reply