« Back to the Black Metal Forum

Favorite and least favorite black metal subgenres

Posted by [ Flo ]

posted
updated

Forum: Black Metal Group

What are your favorite black metal subgenres and why? What are your least favorites? I personally don't like post black metal and blackgaze but I love bestial black, blackened thrash/speed, first wave and second wave.

Report Topic

17 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by pia

posted

my favourite genres are blackgaze, tharshened (???) black metal and symphonic

least fav i think its dsbm, idk why

then it would be rabm, the idea is good but they dont have any good riffs tbh and it feels like a forcced opposite odf nsbm

Report Reply

Reply by Pöykäri

posted

I personally like Raw, Post- and folk but i don t really hate that many.

Report Reply

Reply by π–Œπ–0π–šπ–‘

posted

I personally like depressive black metal , raw black metal and symphonic black metal, sometimes.

Report Reply

Reply by π–Œπ–0π–šπ–‘

posted

I personally like depressive black metal , raw black metal and symphonic black metal, sometimes.

Report Reply

Reply by takingbackRonnie

posted

I like to listen to dsbm, it's closest to what I feel

Report Reply

Reply by thrashwoof

posted

my faves are vampyric bm, black speed (diff than black thrash but i like that too), DSBM, war metal (if that counts here), folk bm, viking bm, and probably TNBM/second wave tbh

not into rabm. i think the idea is interesting conceptually but havent found a band thats actually good. anarchist wolves was kinda decent but thats it. if i wanted to listen to politics i would just put on SOAD

not really into whatever the genre is that mixes pop and bm style vocals... banshee, jazmin bean, whatever. just not into it

Report Reply

Reply by The Cabbage Wizard

posted

I cant stand goregrind and slam i dunno sounds a bit like a wet fart

Report Reply

Honestly anything with a Focus on melody, like Dissection or Windir i just love the atmosphere that it creates

other than that probably 2nd wave, Black Thrash (proto-BM) and some Ambient Stuff like NONE is really fucking good

Report Reply

Reply by ⛧ onyx ⛧

posted

i like a lot of dsbm, atmospheric black metal and raw black metal mostly. i listen to others but thats what i like the most

Report Reply

Reply by Vantas_xD

posted

favs: dungeon synth, raw and viking
least fav:kellersynthΒ 
i personally dont like kellersynth bc for me it doesnt sound metal and dont make me feel like a wizard

Report Reply

Reply by Bones 0-\\

posted

Dsbm and raw mostly. I also listen to others but those are my favs.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by yxngbuck666

posted

my favorites gotta be 2nd wave or dsbm but the ones i hate i dont really know tbhΒ 

Report Reply

Reply by Tyler i guess

posted

DSBM and post-black

I don't like stuff with a lot of death metal influence

Report Reply

Reply by neidhart

posted

i mostly listen to folk black metal, but i also really enjoy anything that has a medieval theme to it, especially bands such as grylle, vΓ©hΓ©menceΒ  and aorlhac. i'm not a fan of war metal though, it's just a personal preference, because i seem to like melodic and atmospheric aspects of black metal more.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by JosephM0ther

posted

I personally like DSBM, raw black metal, and atmospheric black metal

Report Reply

Reply by macessacre 𓆨 ΰ£ͺβ‹†β­’Λšο½‘β‹†π–¦Ή

posted
updated

my fav genres would be DSBM, symphonic, melodic, 2nd wave, and blackgaze. :)

Report Reply