« Music Forum

Why do people hate Brendon Urie?

Posted by Olixo466

posted

Forum: Music

Yes I agree that his latest album is trash. But he hasn’t done anything but say some stuff that doesn’t sit well today, but more acceptable back then. SA allegations were found false and stupid stuff he said were 6+ years ago. Ton of stuff were also taken out of context, and now he's getting a lot of hate because of things he said literally two decades ago. Even if he doesn't have good music anymore, he has a great talent and I don’t understand why so many people hate him

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by charlie

posted
updated

i think its also because he's just kind of an asshole, very self-centered and stuff like that yaknow. like theres probably a reason so many of his old bandmates left. also as far as im aware he hasnt made any actual effort to grow from that questionable behavior you mentioned, even if it was a while ago.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Olixo466

posted

theres a video where he apologized cuz yall sayin he didnt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvG-XWXz5pg

watch it :D

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by frnkie

posted

bumping charlie's comment but also, the dude has a track record of being shitty to bandmates (see: dallon weekes, you should be able to google dallon weekes brendon urie and see stuff like the airsoft gun incident, etc.) -- all around kind of an asshole once you get to know him up close. i do remember controversies of him saying racial slurs among calling stuff ghetto or ratchet but please don't quote me on that. though i think you're right, a lot of people just despise him because he took panic (what was supposed to be a passion project started by young ryan ross attempting to escape an abusive household) and made it into a soulless pop band, but the controversy over the panic split is a whole thing i won't get into. 

Permalink Report Reply