« Back to the Gothic and Alternative Community Forum

Ur goth events

Heres where you can brag about ur goth events. ( ๑‾̀◡‾́)(‾̀◡‾́ ๑) 

I will go first. I got to go see sister's of mercy!!!! I love them and it was with the og singer and dj! The mood was awesome >///< I also went this month to a dark 80s at a club. The music wasnt really mine but my mum loved it!! 

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by Shadow Bliss

posted

I can boast a COUPLE of those.

I saw The Damned perform live on my 21st Birthday (which is almost 7 years ago), I saw a reunion of both Peter Murphy and David J in 2018 where they performed some of Bauhaus' greatest hits and the entirety of In The Flat Field for that album's 40th anniversary, I saw Evanescence live when I was 15. I've seen Amanda Palmer live twice - once in 2017 and another in 2020 (it was January). All of them are great memories.

I also don't know if this counts as "events" for you but in Brisbane there used to be a thing called the Bloodlust Ball that stopped happening in 2016 because of cost to host it but it was a fun injection into the Goth scene for someone in their teens (I was 20 in 2016 so yeah, I wasn't "a teenager" but...still). One of my friends also hosts a Gothic Picnic and has done since I was aware of the Brisbane Goth scene. It has gone from "couple of tables and blankets in the middle of a garden/park (don't want to name where it happens but you get the idea) into an event that is quite frankly overwhelming. Last time I went (2023) it was so big, I literally didn't know where to start with people to talk to.

Permalink Report Reply