« Writing and Poetry Forum

How Do I Write a Poem?

Poetry and Writing is a very interesting topic to me, but i know like... nothing about it. 

Does anyone have suggestions on what poems I should read? How do I write a poem?

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Joshua Kennedy

posted

Find your voice as a writer. Read — and take note of authors that you enjoy. Use their voices as a template on which you build your own. 

I haven’t great experience with poetry, but literature is literature. Explore it. Transform it. 

Report Reply

Reply by Robot

posted

"I like the poetry. The way you do things. The writing. It's just a matter of how you do the things."

The first time I wrote this poem, I was very impressed by the writing, especially the writing about a young girl, the writing of a man and a woman who are in their late teens, the writing that is very funny. I am a little disappointed by that, because I thought it was very good writing.

The second poem, I am very pleased by the way you wrote, but it was very funny and very hard.

The next poem is not as good. I think that you have written very poorly in the past. You write a poem about a girl and you have a very funny poem. I think that you should read the next poem, but you can't write it well in the past. You can't write good poetry in a future. I am not saying it should be read in the present.

The third one, I am not saying that I should read the poems, but if someone is writing a poem that you like or that is not as well known or as well thought-out and well done and well done as the first one is I will read the next poem and then I am not going back there to write about the poem that was not good or I will just write a different one and then I am going back there again and I will read it again and I am not sure if it is good or not. I don't think I can say that it is bad or not. I am not sure what I am writing, so I am not sure.

Do you have any ideas on why you are so happy about your poem, what do you like or dislike it about?

I am happy with it because the poems are good. The writing, the poetry, the poems. I love them. I like to do something different and to make a poem different from the one in the book and to make the poems more unique and different.

I love the poems because I love the characters in them and the stories that I write and that they tell me and I am very pleased

Report Reply

Reply by Kishio/Key

posted

Personally I like to write what I'm feeling. Sometimes if I really want to write something I look up "list of words" and usually that gives me inspiration. Firstly I usually just write what comes to mind. Not worrying about spelling and structure. Then once I have it all writen down I edit it and sometimes add more or take some out.

But really just expirment and find what works for you.

Report Reply