« Back to the Safe space for trans ppl ヾ(☆▽☆) Forum

binder brands + reviews

have you tried out some binder brands? what are some brands to avoid? what about brands you recommend? hopefully this is a useful resource for people to add on to!

personal experience:
gc2b half tank style: do not recommend. construction of the binder is bad, loose threads, uneven stitching. hurts my ribs after only 2 hrs of binding
fytist half tank: recommend. comfortable with a great bind, however the pits tend to cut into my skin. good construction. unfortunately, it seems like they've gone out of biz :(
wonababi/nonbinarystyle binder for beginners/ultra comfortable half binder: recommend. less bind than the first two binder brands mentioned, but extremely comfortable, like a sports bra with better bind. i had to size down. the binder has good construction and is very sensory friendly.
girlfriend collective dylan bra: partial recommend. not a binder, but a compressive sports bra. fairly comfortable but the elastic band at the bottom of the bra is very tight, and due to the rib issues the gc2b binder gave me, i can't wear this bra longer than 6-8 hours. i would wear the fytist and wonababi binders over this as they both give better bind for more comfort

if you've tried other binder brands like underworks and spectrum, or have tried the same brands i have, feel free to drop your own experiences down below :)

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by ☆ s@turn ☆

posted

i got a binder from lgbt uniconrs (linked below) its true to size and pretty comfy! may feel weird for breakin in and first though!

https://lgbtunicorns.com/products/bindfree-chestbinder-explorer-nude

Report Reply

Reply by beckbeck

posted

i have a gc2b binder! its the only binder ive ever used so i dont have anything to compare it to,, it can make breathing a little more difficult but i get used to it pretty quick and dont rlly notice its slightly harder to breath until i take it off and it gets easier

Report Reply

Reply by f3ral_gh0st X__x

posted

ive used spectrum for a few years now, the only other binders ive tried have been a super shitty amazon one [YIKES] and gc2b. spectrum has def been my fav - comfy and binds really well since i have a larger chest. i do recommend washing it at least once a week bc if u dont, it loses some of its binding ability until u wash it again [idk the science behind it but use lukewarm water or cooler, i think the cold helps 'shrink' it back or smth like that?]

Report Reply

Reply by SOCK KNOCKER.

posted

i am getting an underworks binder soon, i'll post an update when i get it.

Report Reply

Reply by t <3

posted

Recently got a wivov binder (I meant to get it from wonababi, not sure how I mixed it up). It binds well, but the bottom is a bit tight and the texture is weird but maybe that's just me. It's a decent binder though! 

Report Reply

Reply by Auguzt

posted

i got the Underworks Tri-top binder and i would say a good 7/10 it binds pretty well but kinda digs into my armpits a little bit (it mightve just been a breaking in thing but i thought i shuld mention) and itz a bit difficult 2 wiggle into jst incase u have claustrophobia problemz like that. personlly when i first tried to put it on i had to take it off and try again cuz i almst freakd out ToT it getz easier tho. i think its pretty good 4 the price and the stitching iz sturdy XP

Report Reply