« Fashion, Style, Shopping Forum

how barbie is affecting 2023?! +questions

hi guys !! 

barbie is making a huge comeback this year!

the brand was really popular in the early 00s because of its movies,, all around the world everyone knew what a barbie was and also they were replacing the word ''doll'' with her name! (specially here in italy lol most of the time i grew up around people saying ''do you want the barbie of winx? how cool are these new barbies of winx!" i always thought that it was so cute !

we know that the barbie brand had a moment of flop (i blame the movie thumbelina), everyone was captured by other brands like bratz, moxie girlz, monster high and others

how barbie is affecting the 2023? personally i think we have to thank Valentino for it, last year with the creation of the colour ''pink valentino'' and then every celeb wore that specifically colour in a lot of events, i think Anne Hathaway was incredible in it !!

but everyone at first thought (me either lol) ''thats so barbie'' yeah maybe it sounds stupid because the barbiecore was already a thing but i think that this event had a huge impact also thanks to tiktok and then ....THE NEWS!! Someone was working on a BARBIE MOVIE a BARBIE LIVE ACTION,,, lives were changed that day, i was a brand new person that day!!

when pics of margot robbie and ryan gosling were published i gasped so hard lol because everything was ON POINT even the trailer with all the hidden details !!

barbie is the movie of 2023 and im so happy about it, when i was a little girl playing with her i was the happiest and the movies were and still are my comfort movies where i go when i have nostalgia of those times :(

how is barbie affecting YOUR 2023? Are you happy for it? whats your corecore memory of it?

Report Topic

7 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by caweyka

posted

It’s been reallly fun to discuss barbie with my friends, since I’m friends with mainly cishet dudes who never really had barbie as per their childhood! The movie looks so fun and I’ve been slowly getting pink pieces for my wardrobe for the movie!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by clari<3

posted

I think discussing with someone who doesn't know anything of the topic is so cool, I like introducing new things to someone! Also yeah me too! I'm already planning my outfit for Barbie !

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by artisy2k1

posted

i'm stoked for the movie. it seems so perfectly teen and adult oriented. the sets look amazing. i'm 99% sure it will go into the history books. i don't mind a barbie inspired fashion trend at all, i love feminine clothes, layers and the colour pink. i personally didn't play with barbies that much as a kid but i never disliked her. she was always very present!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by m1kus4bb4th

posted

Im so excited for the movie!!! I've been planning to see it on my birthday since it comes out the day before :) I cant wait

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Ghoulia

posted

I'm super excited for the upcoming Barbie movie. One thing I love about it is the movie so far is that it incorporates how children have played with barbie.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by spicegirl66

posted

Oh my goshhhh Barbie was such a good movie I loved it!! Watched it this weekend, definitely recommend! It’s totally made my 2023 10x better!!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by YoungDodd

posted

It broke all records.

Permalink Report Reply