« Back to the TikTokSucks Forum

(TW) tik toks problem with proana/promia content.. [pinned]

Posted by lenn :3

posted

Forum: TikTokSucks Group

tik tok has a serious problem with eating disorder promotion and normalization.. the last time i used it was while i was actually at a residential program for my bulimia, and my entire feed was full of girls (sometimes boys too ofc but primarily young girls) posting themselves showing how they eat under 500 calories a day.. they would also post how thin they are, by wrapping their hand around their wrists or sucking in and lifting up their arms to show off their ribcage.. some people would even call these girls fat to try to make them even worse. those accounts that were calling them fat were also proana/mia accounts as well.. i would sometimes comment words of kindness and concern for these people which i know is the worst for the algorithm, but still.. eventually they started coming to my page with the knowledge that i'm bulimic and in treatment, just to comment on how i should stop recovering because i was starting to look like "fatspo".. this was my pushing point to finally leave the platform for my own heath and safety. the fact these accounts are absolutely still up and running genuinely makes me a bit sick.. i hate tik tok all around but this is one trend ive deffiniely noticed that hardly gets talked about sigh..

Report Topic

0 Replies