« Music Forum

any guitar players?

Posted by crystal

posted

Forum: Music

hey! idk if this will reach anyone but I want to learn to play the guitar this summer... ive tried once or twice before but have not fully committed. any tips on learning would be great!!

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by BecuzCody

posted

learn open chords and barre chords first and learn to read tab sheets. practice scales regularly cause it makes everything else easier. i use guitarmasterclass.net/scalegenerator for that. uhhh also just play a lot i guess... there are youtube tutorials for pretty much everything.

Report Reply

Reply by quinn

posted

1. find somebody who knows how to play (doesn't have to be an actual teacher) even if it's just a little better than you. if you can actually sit down with someone (or facetime or something) and have them walk you through how to play it's way easier than watching a tutorial

2. force yourself to play every day even if it's just for 15-20 minutes. if you're only playing guitar once a week it's gonna take a really long time to memorize stuff or see improvement

really at the end of the day being able to take lessons is a game changer and how i've seen the most improvement myself but that's also not an option for everyone so definitely make friends with other people who play 

Report Reply

Reply by waxxeaterr

posted

i agree with what the other people said ^^

+ learn songs that you like, it feels very rewarding when you finally learn how to play your favourite songs. keeps you motivated

Report Reply

Reply by crystal

posted

omg thanks for the advice!! I'll definitely try and practice consistently... how long did it take you guys to see results in your guitar skills. its honestly so hard:(

Report Reply