« Back to the Anime Fans Forum

do you keep up with seasonal / currently-airing anime? If so, what are you watching?

title question

I watch a fair amount of anime every season. This season I'm keeping up (more or less regularly) with:

* takt op.Destiny
* Mieruko-chan
* Heike Monogatari
* Ousama Ranking
* Rumble Garanndoll
* and Komi-san Can't Communicate, but I'm behind on that bc I'm waiting for NovaWorks' fansubs bc the official subs kinda suck.

I'm also watching Tropical Rouge Precure and Waccha Primagi but those are kids' shows and air year-round so I feel like that almost doesn't count.

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by JillyBean

posted

I usually take on way more than I can keep up with, but so far this season I am following: 

• The Faraway Paladin
  • Sakugan
  • Platinum End
  • takt op.Destiny
  • Meiruko-chan
  • My Senpai is Annoying
  • Blue Period
  • Komi-san can't Communicate
Also watching Arcane if that counts. 

Report Reply

Reply by DEEP OPAL

posted

takt op is so good! i've actually been covering it weekly on my website. really great show

i like Mieruko-chan a good deal also. i was watching Platinum End at one point but kinda fell off it, sadly 

i'm not familiar with Arcane, what's that?

Report Reply

Reply by kev_from_work

posted

i was/am a big fan of mieruko-chan and i'm very surprised that the english dub is streaming so soon too! i've been following the komi manga for a while and am very happy with how very well received it was. i even got some of my non-anime/manga fans invested in it!

this year has given us some adaptations to look forward to! i'm looking forward to hell's paradise, uzumaki, and season 2 of nagatoro (so happy it got annouced immediately after season 1 plus the dub)

Report Reply

Reply by DEEP OPAL

posted

eyy, always happy to hear that people r excited for stuff :)

Report Reply

Reply by SheDemonAndrea

posted

Ehhhh, I don't keep up with ongoing anime, knowing that plans will screw up due to stupid or corrupt companies.

Report Reply

Reply by Black Market Stray Cat

posted

i go out of my to find new stuff i might like, so i'm always watching at least one show every season.

this season, winter 2024, has been relatively dry, so i'm only watching Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete currently.

>"Ehhhh, I don't keep up with ongoing anime, knowing that plans will screw up due to stupid or corrupt companies."

i don't think this is very common at all. the only two anime in recent memory that i've heard had notable production issues were Wonder Egg Priority and Zom 100, neither of which aired this year and Wonder Egg Priority at least finished. kind of a silly reason to not watch any currently airing anime...

Report Reply