« Games Forum

any lisa the painful/joyful/fangame enjoyers?

Posted by Mist Sterious

posted

Forum: Games

i love lisa the painful so much despite its... problematic aspects. if you can get past the offensive/bigoted text and imagery scattered here and there, then you can enjoy this funny, dark, and heart wrenching story. 

its about this dude named brad who goes on a quest to save this little girl named buddy who is basically his adopted daughter, and the only female left in the world after a mysterious flash years ago. the people are fucked up, brad has a fucked up childhood, and you have to make fucked up choices as you progress. 
even though its just pixels on a screen, this game made me CRYYYYY .>_<.
it was like undertale but opposite. the overwhelmingly happy feels from undertale are just replaced with emotional pain in lisa. there are alot of jokes and amazing characters to lighten the mood but its still a sad game

lisa the joyful is a continuation of lisa the painful and if i remember correctly does not have any bigoted/offensive stuff. its sad as well tho

there are also a buncha fan games with amazing stories on their own!!
 (terry best boy)

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by billy

posted

i fucking LOVE the lisa series!!! no game has made me as miserable as lisa has... it still makes my heart hurt TwT

Report Reply

Reply by Mist Sterious

posted

YEAH!! no game has ever made me as miserable as lisa the painful and honestly? i love it for that.

Report Reply

Reply by Henrietta

posted
updated

Lisa The First is technically the first game but it's just a Yume Nikki style game where you walk around

I definitely enjoyed playing Lisa The Painful / Joyful and it's sad that it got overshadowed by Undertale especially considering Austin Jorgensen (Dingaling) released Lisa about a year prior to Toby Fox's Undertale. I admittedly almost stopped playing it 3 hours into the game because of just how horrible it made me feel. It's definitely one of my favourite RPGs

I'm looking forward to eventually replaying it now that The Definitive Edition is around, I'm most looking forward to the campfire stories and the new secret ending.

Report Reply