« Music Forum

Let's talk about festivals!

Posted by Zauberer

posted

Forum: Music

What are some festivals you wanted to go to before Corona happened? Or maybe there is some nice event that you plan to go as soon as this pandemic is over?

Last year I was supposed to go to two festivals in my country, a metal one (with one day featuring Judas Priest, Saxon and Angel witch and another one featuring Mercyful Fate, Emperor and Venom) and a punk one (where bands such as Circle Jerks, Strung Out, Bad Religion should have played). Furthermore, there is plenty of smaller events here that allow you to see many bands for a small price or, sometimes, even for free.

This year I would have gone to Beyond The Gates (with Emperor, Mgla, Sodom, Candlemass) and Primavera Sound in Barcelona (featuring Dinosaur Jr, Einstürzende Neubauten, Massive Attack, Iggy Pop, Bauhaus, Gorillaz and many others), but I am afraid that these events will not take place, sadly.

What about you?

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by SlowRiot

posted

I've done a fair few music festivals in the UK. The one I REALLY wanted to do but never got around to is Arctangent. I NEED that in my life. One day... I hope.

Report Reply

I am missing festivals and gigs so badly at the moment. I'm hoping a few will go ahead this year but I'm not holding my breath!

I would love to do Arctangent too. Known of it for a fair few years but never been able to go. Last year would have been my first one! Damn.

Tech-Fest (UK Tech Metal Fest) is my favourite place in the world. Just good music, good vibes and awesome people. It's a great community to be a part of. It's not a huge thing, a couple thousand people at most, but people do travel from all over the world to be there. 

Report Reply

Reply by 𝕰𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖊

posted

I usually go to Download Festival and Tech Fest most years but thats... not happened. 

Going to Bloodstock next month and I couldn't be more excited if I tried!!

Report Reply