« General Forum

Open Q&A Thread (Breaking The Ice)

Posted by Divinetranquility

posted
updated

Forum: General

Breaking The Ice

As someone who finds it a hard time getting to know people or start conversation when put into a new environment or social situation, I decided to make this thread or whatever it is you'd like to call it where anyone can share or answer a question as an icebreaker of sorts to make friends.

This thread isn't exclusive to any fandoms, interest, or hobbies so feel free to really express yourselves as long as you keep consideration for others and their beliefs, lifestyles, and ext. I will answer some questions every  now and then as well to help 'hopefully' keep the river flowing.

- Sincerely, F҉a҉l҉t҉e҉r҉i҉n҉g҉ 

P.s(I made this gif, visit Tumblr for updates on other things I create for blogs or forum post)

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Divinetranquility

posted
updated

OP:

Well I feel it's only right I start things off with a nice little Ice Breaker, what was the last anime you watched and what were your thoughts on it? Feel free to get as detailed as you please!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by ♡ Haru ♡

posted

the last anime i watched was princess precure! i didn't finish it tho. it's cute but i couldn't really connect with it as i'm waaaaay over the age of its target demographic, and it doesn't feel right to ship the characters when they look and act so young (they're around 13-14 after all). also i can't really suspend my disbelief watching it. you're telling me a 14yo can study all day, be an actress and model, AND on top of that got hired by a parody of karl lagerfeld? (and she did it without a manager?? even miranda priestly can't do that!) make it make sense, but also not bc it's obv a kids' show and it doesn't have to make perfect sense. so yeah not really for me 

my question: what do you listen to when you work or play game or do anything else? i like listening to true crime and iceberg chart videos and also ror2 stream on twitch

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Divinetranquility

posted

Reply to, Haru

"the last anime i watched was princess precure! i didn't finish it tho. it's cute but i couldn't really connect with it as i'm waaaaay over the age of its target demographic, and it doesn't feel right to ship the characters when they look and act so young (they're around 13-14 after all). also i can't really suspend my disbelief watching it. you're telling me a 14yo can study all day, be an actress and model, AND on top of that got hired by a parody of karl lagerfeld? (and she did it without a manager?? even miranda priestly can't do that!) make it make sense, but also not bc it's obv a kids' show and it doesn't have to make perfect sense. so yeah not really for me 

my question: what do you listen to when you work or play game or do anything else? i like listening to true crime and iceberg chart videos and also ror2 stream on twitch"

Op: I love to listen to all kinds of video essays and retrospectives. Listening to people go on for minutes to hours deep diving into topics that peak my interest whether or not I know the topic of the video. Izzyizz's ivdeos are very fun and interesting as she speaks mostly on nostalgic older internet and gaming culture. Turkey Tom has become pretty good over the years too. Trrue crime is also a nice rabbit hole to go down when I'm drawing. 

Permalink Report Reply