« Back to the Omori Fan club <3! Forum

Spell bound (A omori AU) Chapter seven: Shopping and Back stories

heyyyy, sorry its been a month have a long chapter :)

★・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・★

Sunny wakes up and he has a gut feeling that they materialized something via magic, they just didn’t know where or what it is. Getting up he staggers a bit, “Guess it's a big thing” Sunny mumbles to himself and he gets up to get a glass of water. Walking into the kitchen he sees his mom talking with someone. His new friends were already in their house again.

“Good morning mom, Tiff, Ty, Daniela, Kel- WAIT KEL?!” Sunny quickly turns to see headspace Kel just sitting on a chair eating away “Oh! WHAT'S UP OMORI? DID YA GET A HAIRCUT?” Kel shouts happily and Sunny gets this feeling of dread. “Ummmmm Tiff, how do I get rid of a person?” Sunny says just trying to make Headspace Kel go away “Aww man! Ya don’t want to hang out today? But Mari set up a picnic today!” Kel says this and Sunny’s mom’s face immediately loses color and Sunny starts panicking again “UHH YEAH SURE I’LL CATCH UP WITH YOU.” Sunny bluffs and Headspace Kel’s face brighten up and he runs to the living room and disappears as he does. Sunny sighs from relief after feeling the strain from his left eye start to disappear. “Sorry about that” Sunny apologizes and grabs a cup from the cabinet and fills it with water. Tiff was the first to ask the question they were all thinking

“Soooooo who's that? Why did he call ya Omori? Ain’t that an instrument brand?” Tiff asks in a lighthearted way and Sunny just finished his water. “That's Kel, well a young version of Kel, It's a long story.” Sunny explains and Ty pulls up a green screen and writes something down in spanish. And Daniela asked a question himself “Was Mari the name of your sister? Ya know, the one that made your legs shot?” they asked and Sunny just nodded. “Like I said, it's a long story but the short version, if you see them just try to convince them to leave.” Sunny sighs and rubs their forehead. Sunny’s mom has a quick look of concern before shaking it away “So that's magic? I didn’t know my own son could have it!” She says as she tries to cut away the awkwardness over the lack of context and Tiff sees this as an opportunity to lighten the mood.

“Oh! That's because Magic is not genetic!” Tiff says, ready to flex her knowledge “It’s like the luck of the draw!” Tiff continues and Ty scoffs

“Tiff, that's basic knowledge, everyone knows that.” Ty states as they pull up some screens and sends one over to Sunny’s mom. “This will teach you all you need to know, and it will have guides on how to subdue any that comes your way if needed.” Ty says blankly as they just continue to type stuff down in other screens, Daniela swiftly punches them in the shoulder and laughs.

“C’mon Tiff’s just trying to help Amish boy’s mom!” Daniela says and laughs and Ty just rolls their eyes. “It’s just more logical to just give her a page about it, besides, Tiff gave Sunny a book for it.” Ty says as they push up their glasses and closes some screens. “Oh yeah! Sunny, did you read it?” Tiff asks and takes a sip of a drink she brought in with her. “I grabbed the book I used when I first started using magic!” Tiff chirps and walks over to Sunny. “Yeah, but not much.” Sunny says and puts the cup on the counter. “It’s just kind of difficult to learn, with different energy usage and all.” Sunny admits but just looks up at her. “But I’m learning, I want to learn how to control it.” 

“Thats great!” Tiff says and uses her fan to summon confetti “You’ll be a master in no time!” she cheers as he picks him up like a cat “You're my little protege now! We’re gonna be the best group ever!” Tiff says as she starts to spin Sunny around also like a cat. “OK LET'S PUT ME DOWN NOW!” Sunny shouts as they continue to be spun around and Tiff laughs at the sad attempt of Sunny flailing his arms and legs around and puts them down. “Alright alright no need for flailing!” Tiff laughs and Daniela quickly joins in. “Anyways we got a whole game plan today! We’re going shopping and then we’re gonna bum off Tiff’s employees discount for food!” Daniela says and snaps their fingers as if to gesture at something.

“...”

“...”

“Ty throw the plan at me”

“No, why would I?”

“For dramatics?”

“That's a you problem”

“WHY I OUGHTA-” Daniela shouts as he lunges at ty to take the screen by force and Ty quickly starts to fight back.

Tiff, Sunny and Sunny’s mom just watch dumb founded as the twins rough house on the floor, after a while Tiff sighs and grabs both of them by the back of their clothes, earning a yelp from both of them. “Alright that's enough out of both of you, are you unaware that there is an adult in the room watching you?” Tiff says, picking both of them up like it's no issue and Daniela looks at Sunny’s mom and smirks.

“AY MS. SUZUKI THIS IS HOW YOU DO A MEAN RIGHT HOOK!” Daniela shouts and punches Ty in the left arm and Ty snaps their finger and a screen shows up and it launches a fist at Daniela’s arm. Tiff responds by shaking them in the air, stopping the fighting in its tracks. “I. Said. That's. Enough.” Tiff smiles and Daniela and Ty shrink away out of fear, Sunny’s mom just laughs as Sunny watches how Tiff could end their fighting. “Sorry about the fighting Ms.S, they can be a real handful, but anyway can Sunny join us today? He's part of our group now.” Tiff asks as she puts Ty and Daniela down and they both scurry away like rats.

“Oh that's quite alright! I need to get some things  for school and stuff  like that!” his mom waves her hands and grabs her purse. “Since they don’t need Sunny present to fill out some paperwork I can just do it there.” she says as she checks her watch. “Sunshine I’m leaving some money on the counter ok? You’ll be able to buy some clothes for yourself.” she says as she puts some money on the counter, Sunny looks and sees $150 and they almost scream.

“Um mom? I think that's a bit much-” Sunny starts only to get cut off “Sweetie 150 seems like a lot until you realize how expensive clothes actually are.” She states and twirls her finger in the air and Tiff nods in agreement. 

“Yeah trust me bro its gonna go QUICK” Tiff says and checks her wallet and Ty sighs “And if you find something you like but can’t afford it consider it a early birthday gift, I’ll pay for it.” Ty offer and Tiff turns to them offended.

“You never offer to pay for MY stuff!” Tiff scoffs jokingly and Ty just dead pans to her. “Tiff sweetie, I pay for half of the things you ask for.” They deadpan and Daniela just ignores the incoming fight and slings their arm over Sunny’s shoulder .

“Ignore them, you're able to have the glow up for a lifetime!” Daniela reassures and Sunny just nods, “So! What style do ya like?” Daniela asks waving his hand around to summon a notepad.

“Style?” 

“Yeah! What type of clothes do ya like to wear?”

“Clean ones?”

“Oh boy we have a lot of work to do” Daniela says and rubs the back of his head, after a while however, an evil grin spreads across their face, Sunny felt a sense of dread as Daniela whistles to Tiff.

“AYO TIFF WARDROBE CHECK!” he yells and Tiff immediately lights up and runs over to the two, “OO WARDROBE CHECK? LETS GO!” she chirps as they both run to Sunny’s room.

★・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・★

After a while they come back, dejected from what they saw.

“Sunny… What the hell is that closet?” Tiff says, her voice much less peppy than before, “that was awful, what is that from when you were 12?” she asks.

“Umm, yeah kinda” Sunny admits and Tiff and Daniela stare at him in horror.

“HOLY SHIT REALLY? OH GOD ITS WORSE THAN I THOUGHT” Daniela shrieks as he starts to run to TY

“GET BIG BLUE THIS BOY NEED A WHOLE CLOSET!” Daniela begs and Ty just pushes up their glasses and pull out a blue credit card.

“Lets go to work.” Ty smirks as Tiff picks Sunny up like a sack of potatoes “on it!” She affirms and Sunny starts to panic over the fact their feets are not touching the ground.

“Lets put me down first!” Sunny pleads and Tiff does just that, she treats him like a grouchy cat that was flailing around, “Ok mr. I can’t walk.” Tiff jokes and Sunny just sighs and follows the group.

★・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・★

“Welcome to Bowler's alley! One of the best shopping areas in town!” Tiff says, stretching her arms to add emphasis. Sunny looks around in awe, Faraway never had this many stores, this many lights. It’s kind of overwhelming in a way, its too much like headspace, he can’t tell if they're lucid or not. Just as when he was about to panic he felt their eye start to feel strained.

“Sunny, its ok your awake, Make sure to take deep breaths ok?” Mari says as she materializes next to him, Sunny takes deep breaths and Tiff turns around to see Mari in all her bight, glowy purple glory.

“Whoa Sunny wasn’t kidding! Nice to meet ya Mari!” Tiff says as she grabs her fan and bows.

Mari laughs just smiles, “It's wonderful to see that your making new friends Sunny! And here I thought you would be cooped up in your room again!” Mari comments, wearing her signature smug face and Sunny just buries their face in his hands in embarrassment.

“OOO WHOS THIS?” Daniela asks and Mari turns their attention to him, “Hello there! I’m Mari!” Mari introduces herself and a knowing look was on Daniela’s face

“Oh! You’re Sunny’s sister!” Daniela points out and Ty just sighs “No shit captain obvious.” Ty scowls and Daniela just scoffs. “Shut up buzzkill” he sneers and Mari laughs again, “They kind of remind me of Aubrey and kel but if they were related!” Mari comments, brushing her hair out of the way of her face. While they were walking, Sunny got visibly tired, their legs starting to go numb. Before he felt their legs going out of commision Mari’s hair started getting shorter.

“Oh! Looks like time’s up! I set my hair to start disappearing when it's time to go!” Mari explains and Sunny feels a tinge to sadness, while he doesn’t want Mari to leave if she stays they might not be able to walk again.

“Oh I know that look, don’t worry Sunny I’ll still be here I’ll just not have a physical form!” Mari reassures, rubbing Sunny’s head. Tiff laughs and gestures over to Ty “TY CHECK TO SEE IF HIS LEGS WORK!” Tiff commands and Ty sighs and pulls up some screens. While they were busy doing that Mari waved goodbye and disappeared, just after that the strain in Sunny’s eye disappeared and his legs started to feel fine, only pins and needles. “Judging by the look on Sunny’s face I think he's fine, maybe they might have to sit down later but that's it.” Ty explains as they close the screens.

Alright nothing to worry about Sunny thinks as they continue to make their way through Bowler’s Alley

★・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・★

“Welcome to cold discussion! This is where we’ll shape you as a person!” Tiff says using her arms for emphasis. Daniela immediately runs to an area in the corner. Tiff leads Sunny to the clothes and multiple band shirts and tv shows they’ve never heard of, reading the sizes she grabs the small size of a pastel sweater.

“Here, try this one! Purple seems like your color!” Tiff says passing it to him, Sunny puts it on over the shirt they were wearing and it fit, a bit big but it fit well enough, taking it back off and folding it Sunny looks at the shirt wall and sees a shirt that catches his eye, a captain spaceboy jacket. It has the look of a varsity jacket and planet themed patches were on the sleeves.

Its beautiful. Sunny thinks as he grabs the jacket, its in medium so it’ll be big on him but they’ll wear it draped over his shoulders. He looks at the price tag and sees that it costs $50 seeing that they’d be able to buy it. He shows it to Tiff, who was picking out a bunch of clothes for him.

“Look.” Sunny says, showing Tiff the jacket and Tiff’s eyes light up.

“IS THAT CAPTAIN SPACEBOY? I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO LIKED IT!” Tiff celebrated and Sunny’s feels excited as well “The comics were so good! The live action movie, while cheesy, was also very enjoyable!” Sunny says, while still cliff faced shaking his hands out of excitement, Tiff nods her head as they both geek out over it.

“I’m getting one too we can match!” I cheers and Sunny nods his head in agreement, she grabs the largest size they have and adds it with the rest of the clothes.

Sunny looks at the clothes that Tiff picked out and it’s a mixed bag, some clothes were black and white, a simplistic look, and others were bright pastel colors. After trying (and failing) to insist that he pays for their own clothes Ty pulls out a credit card and pays for the whole trip, minus the spaceboy jackets because: “they’re stupid” so Sunny paid for his jacket and Tiff paid for hers. Putting the jacket on Sunny felt so much cooler, Tiff puts hers on to match and they keep walking.

★・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・★

When walk around the food area of Bowler’s Alley Sunny sees a glimpse of someone familiar,

Is that? BASIL?! He thinks as they turn to the area It was at, It was him, it was joined with polly and two people he didn't recognize. Turning to his new friends Sunny tugs on Tiff and she stops. “Yeah whats up?” she asks. “I see one of my friends over here can I say hi?” Sunny asks and Tiff gets a smug face on her. “Ohoho is it bloundddiiieeeee?” She teases and Sunny can feel his ears start to burn “shut up” they reply and Tiff just laughs “I’m not stopping you! I’ll tell the idiots to slow down!” she says as she winks at them “Go getten Tiger!” Tiff comments as she grabs Ty and Daniela by the back of their shirts, taking this opportunity Sunny slips away from the group to say hello.

◤────────•~❉᯽❉~•────────◥

Basil looked around the park it and Polly  were at. It was kind of weird having a full park in a shopping district but he wasn’t complaining, better than having to be with his parents filling out paperwork. While watching some of the lilies they planted outside it waves his finger a bit to make them more lively. This was a gift that he kept secret, he wasn’t sure if it was evil or something he was just gifted with but he was not complaining. Suddenly it hears someone walking toward him, panicking Basil returns to the bench and tries to pretend like he had nothing to do with the plant's sudden growth. He turns to the source of the noise and sees someone he's only seen in dreams for the last couple days.

Sunny! He's here! Basil thinks as it’s face goes bright red due to the dreams he's been having with a dream version of the boy, Sunny’s face lights up as they make their way over to the area Basil was. “Hey I didn’t expect you to be here.” Sunny comments, he was wearing a white t-shirt and black jeans, however he was wearing a captain space boy jacket over his shoulders, it really tied the outfit together.

“O-Oh! Hi Sunny!” Basil greets and curses himself for stuttering “Yeah my parents are moving me here!” Basil explains and he swears Sunny just became much happier, but he quickly attempts to compose himself and moves their left foot a bit, as if to erase something “That's great! maybe you can hang out with my friends when you get settled in.” Sunny suggests while a smile slowly spreads onto his face, Basil laughs at the idea of him with his friends judging on how he described them. “Maybe but I need to take care of all my plants first!” Basil says as Sunny just nods, as if agreeing with him, “yeah I would need to get them prepared to not make fun of me till the end of time” Sunny states as they put their hand on his chin. Just as Sunny was about to ask something their phone started blowing up, Sunny answered the phone and put it on speaker, “AY SUNNY WHERE YOU AT ITS BEEN 10 MINUTES!” Someone on the phone yells and Sunny winces, “Your on speaker Daniela I’m still with my friend.” Sunny says and Basil hears laughing on the other end “Oh c’mon guys leave them alone I let him go see blondie!” someone else explains and the previous voice talks again “AY YOU BETTER HURRY BRING YA BUDDY IF YA WANT WE’RE ABOUT TO GET FOOD TY’S GOING NUTS!” The person says while crashing can be heard in the background. Sunny turns to Basil and offers Basil to join him but it politely declines.

I don’t want to burden him again Basil thinks but as if Sunny could read his mind quickly comments, “I know what you're thinking and you're not a burden.” he says while he hangs up the phone “Just know that if you change your mind you're always welcome ok?” Sunny says making sure to text his new friends that he's coming. “Yeah! I just need to get settled in first!” Basil says and looks at the flowers, seeing that it unknowingly added baby’s breath and lavender roses it panics slightly before realizing that there's no way Sunny knew what it meant so he stopped panicking. “Alright Basil I’m going to go now ok? If you want to hang out just text me ok? I’ll always be available.” Sunny says before giving Basil a hug. Basil feels shocked that Sunny was hugging it but he wasn’t complaining, hugging back Sunny makes their way back to his friends and Basil can’t help but feel happy that he saw Sunny

“Maybe Respite won’t be so bad” Basil smiles

◣────────•~❉᯽❉~•────────◢

“Hey I’m back sorry for taking so long” Sunny says and Daniela is holding Ty back from being any more destructive. “TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH THEY’RE ABOUT TO LOSE IT!” Daniela says before Ty breaks out of his arms and wolfs down the food in front of them Tiff laughs as she eats her own food, “Did ya have fun talking to blondie?” she teases and Daniela in the back comments “OoooOOOooOOOoo” Like the child he acts like and Ty pushes up their glasses, done being a menace. “Sunny We know about your best friends but what about your other friends? Daniela seems to get along with that other version of “Kel”.” Ty says and Daniela quickly nods their head “He was fun!” He shouts, still eating.

“Either way we want to know more about you! What if your friends visit?” Tiff points out, sitting next to Sunny, who was eating poutine. “Well I guess I would describe how my friends where.” Sunny decides and the others listen intently.

“Kel is energetic and happy most of the time, hes really good at sports and hes tall. The version you met was when he was twelve, before Mari died. He was still the same back then so hes really reliable.” Sunny starts to talk, focusing on his fork, not noticing the cacti on the floor around them. “Aubrey is stubborn and confident, but while shes tough shes a good friends, she even dyed her hair pink, so she sticks out a lot, but not in a bad way.” Sunny continues, gladiolus replacing the cacti “Henry is… the oldest out of all of us. He also goes by Hero.” Sunny says, keeping Hero’s introduction short due to him being a touchy subject.

“And Basil…” Sunny starts and already feels himself smile “Hes kind, considerate and puts others first. It is very shy but can be extremely loyal with friendships, he has blonde hair and its really fluffy. When you see it you’ll want to touch it.” Sunny continues to ramble, sunflowers growing from the ground “It is so sweet and caring and he loves flowers a lot, he taught me everything I know about them, its always so kind and wonderful and I wish you could meet him.” Sunny finish rambling and Daniela and Tiff share a look “Can I ask why you kept Henry’s introduction so short?” Ty asks, filling out some screens and Sunny tenses up, still remembering what Hero said that day “I don’t want to talk about it” He says bluntly before waving the flowers away. Ty gets a brief considered look on their face before adding something to their notes. Tiff laughs and pats his back “Now we know your mysterious backstory!” Tiff jokes and Sunny looks down “and correct me if I’m wrong but that's the only time I’ve seen you smile!” I teases and elbows him. “It’s nice to know more about you bud!” Tiff smiles and Daniela laughs. “Now c’mon! I wanna show you the REAL fun of Bowler’s Alley!” He says as he gets up

Report Topic

0 Replies