« Fashion, Style, Shopping Forum

stick and poke tattoos ?? any advice

If this isn't quite the place to put this then I apologise, couldn't think of anywhere else for this to go. Also if this is considered 'harmful' (I am aware that this, should I go through with it, is likely a bad decision) then I apologise for that too. 

Anyway, Im bored, I have barely any money, Im doing all the research I can, and I think that I might try to give myself a tiny tattoo!! Only a simple design, no bigger than a coin and it'll be somewhere that can be easily hidden, maybe my ankle (although Ive heard it's pretty painful there). Knowing myself Ill probably put it off for some months but hey whatever. In some ways Im only concerned by the risk of infection (which Im aware is fairly likely) and what do do with the needle afterwards - maybe a messy design will have its own charm. :)

Other than the most obvious and sane 'please don't do this that's a terrible idea' type of advice, any tips that might be good to know? Or even any stories from anyone who's tried this themselves?

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by ★spider★

posted

when i tried to mine it dint work cuz i ised the ink frm penz so buy actual ink :') also trace out the design on ur skinz first cuz itll be easier to do vs just free handing it X3

Report Reply

Reply by ★spider★

posted

when i tried to mine it dint work cuz i ised the ink frm penz so buy actual ink :') also trace out the design on ur skinz first cuz itll be easier to do vs just free handing it X3

Report Reply

Reply by ☆Clara☆

posted

My friend has done a few stick-and-pokes and the biggest thing that he dislikes about it is the regret about the designs he chose-

So don't do it impulsively, pick a design and think about it for like a week to a couple of months, however long you feel you need. Don't do it on hyper fixations or things you might grow out of and like the other person said trace your design and do it carefully!!

Before you do it take a shower and get clean so dirt doesn't get in your skin and cause an infection and make sure you're using a clean needle and ink.

Im not sure what other tips I could give, just think about it carefully-

In 20 years would you still like it?

Report Reply

Reply by ✮ juno ✮

posted
updated

i use india ink and a sewing needle! super cheap to buy 

make sure you are careful and disinfect everything though, infected tattoos r sooo bad

Report Reply