« Back to the Vkei Fans Forum

WHAT WAS UR FIRST VKEI BAND?!?!?

Mine was Malice Mizer and I still luv them then I starting like dadaroma and gulu gulu theb fell down a rabbit hole of a bunch others, I luv the fashion cuz it's rlly kewl and Mana's dresses are to die for  

Report Topic

20 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by 爪卂ㄒ

posted

Heyhey, owner here! my first visual kei band was Lárc-en-ciel..
Mostly from the anime-intro-esque music, although i wouldn't know if they actually did an intro for an anime, ever.
Here is the first song i ever listened to: Link - KISS mix -
They are still one of my absolute favourites!

Report Reply

Reply by Im Valentine

posted
updated

Mine was also Malice Mizer, the song I first heard was Gekka no yasoukyoku then naturally Au Revoir. I then got into Vkei after doing some research I've never been the same since.

Report Reply

Reply by hachi ⋆。°✩

posted

the gazettE! but i got into vkei because of the song aegen by malice mizer (°▽°)

Report Reply

Reply by hiddenjane

posted

I got into the gazettE when i was younger, and at the time i didn't know visual kei was a thing. i'm just now getting back into their music after literal years lol.

Report Reply

Reply by ₳†⅃ ⍲⟆ ∀₵ꙇ₫

posted

the gazette !! still my fave XD

Report Reply

Reply by scar

posted

mejibray!! started listening to them around 2021 and since then they have always been one of my favorites :33

Report Reply

Reply by Sophie

posted
updated

mine was seremedy. it was yohio that got me into them in 2013 and he also got me into gackt/mm's music since he is a fan and knew/knows gackt and i saw a video of them doing a duet

Report Reply

Reply by Salem

posted

I usually just say my first vkei band was nightmare but i think the first vkei song i ever listened to was either by miyavi or another person/band that used to be signed with ps company but i have no clue what song it would be, so nightmare is more like the band that actually got me into vkei

Report Reply

Reply by Seth

posted
updated

The first VKEI band I started listening to was SID because of the opening to Kuroshitsuji. I listened to some of their music without really knowing what Visual Kei was.

Eventually I saw some Black Butler fans talking about Malice Mizer and about how “Shiroi Hada ni Kuruu Ai to Kanshimi no Rondo” reminded them of Madam Red’s funeral so I decided to give them a try. SID was my first vkei band; Malice Mizer is the band that really got me into VKEI.

Report Reply

Reply by 𝓚𝓪𝓰𝓮𝓻𝓸𝓾 (蜉蝣)

posted

This year, 2023, my friend recommended me listen to Malice Mizer, From there I started looking for more of that culture and music, they are still a great band for me, each of their songs are beautiful (I love Memoire and Tetsu Era)

Report Reply

Reply by scara

posted

Exist Trace!! started listening to them in 2019 and i’d always blast their songs in my headphones while walking to my classes

Report Reply

Reply by GlassCandy

posted

Dadaroma- my brother was playing watashi bangyajanaiwa in the car so I started to listen to more of their music :3

Report Reply

Reply by Samykomatsu⁠♡

posted

Bueno literalmente el mío fue malice mizer por la canción de barroque, la cual me encantó tanto porque me recuerda a cuando era niña, ami siempre me gustó este tipo de estética desde que estaba pequeña y después fue Buck-tick, literalmente amo Buck-tick, bueno que recuerde yo es conciderada una banda del visual key y sobretodo fue con su canción dress y my funny Valentine las cuales me enamoraron por completo de este género ♡⁠(⁠>⁠ ⁠ਊ⁠ ⁠<⁠)⁠♡

Report Reply

Reply by Lu⋆˙⟡☂️

posted

The gazette, versailles and Oz

Report Reply

Reply by REN

posted

mine was nightmare !  honestly i feel like they're a really good first band, they just have a very palatable sound imo.  my fav band is malice mizer tho

Report Reply

Reply by Santo de Utuado

posted

My first vkei band was Nightmare because of Death Note! At the time tho I didn't knew much about vkei so I just assumed they were some emo band xd. Malice Mizer was the first vkei band that got me into the scene. 

Report Reply

Reply by Mai_Mai

posted

Mine was too first group Malice mizer ^__^

Report Reply

Reply by Mai_Mai

posted

Mine was too first group Malice mizer ^__^

Report Reply

Reply by ୨୧ eve 🗝️

posted

nightmare !! heard them when i was like twelve watching death note havent been the same since

Report Reply

Reply by mei

posted

malice mizer! i learned about it on tiktok, then i found out about x japan and ig it's the band that made me stay here for a long time. i'm in vkei fandom for more than a year now (i usually stay in one fandom for not more than a half of a year) 

Report Reply