« Art and Photography Forum

Digicams are all the rage for the Gen Z!!!

In the final months of 2021, tiktoks about Y2K cameras started popping up in my fyp.

So I decided to buy one on my birthday as my first "adult purchase" (I was turning 18), so January rolled in and I started contacting sellers on Facebook Marketplace. As it wasn't fully embraced by most teens in my city, the price was really below average, and I was able to snatch mine for less than 10 dollars!

Since then, I got another digicam by Sony, a Cybershot DSC-H55, that feels like a fucking tank; it's heavy, and it looks like it's never going to break!

Have you guys bought one in recent years or gone looking for one in the basement?

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by *:..。o○ TARR THE MENACE ○o。..:*

posted

I'll do you one better, I've recently dug up our old point-and-shoot film camera (OLYMPUS Trip 301) out of sheer nostalgia. I'd love for them to become more popular again, tbh, 'cause it's become a pain to find a place to develop the film - not a lot of places are offering the service and not a lot of them do it well! :(

We do have old digicams, too, but film and the mystery of not being able to see what you got till the whole pack is developed are kinda speaking to me :p 

Report Reply

Reply by kamkongchips

posted

i'm very much a victim of this digicam resurgence!!! i bought a canon powershot s200 digital elph which is a 2002 digicam and its outputs are superrr nostalgic. i got it for 122 usd to i pretty much spent all my allowance on it, but its in pretty good shape!! even printed some shots taken from it and they look incredible despite being only 2 megapixelsss. i just love the look of canon's warm-toned flash

Report Reply