« Back to the divination & magick Forum

Creating Your Own Tarot Cards

I'm currently in the process of making my own Tarot cards, inspired by finding an Oracle set coming out later this year based on horror movies which I just know I am gonna be pre-ordering as soon as I possibly can. So, I wanted to have a Tarot set that was just as horror-based and spooky but with a Victorian flare, but what I found either didn't reverberate with me or was expensive as all get out (saw one set that was over £300). So, I decided fuck it, I'll just make my own Victorian Gothic Tarot set with horror influences.

I'm working on The Fool at the moment, but I do have a few questions.

1. How do you come up with concepts for each individual card within the theme? Some are easier than others (I decided to interpret the Lovers through the lens of Edgar Allen Poe and two of his works ("The Raven" and "Annabel Lee"), for example) but some are a lot harder than I first thought.
2. Would what would be the best way of printing them out? I wanna have nice and sturdy cards with a custom backing whenever I've designed that, but I've no idea how I would achieve it.

Report Topic

0 Replies