« Games Forum

Old Myspace Games

Posted by Theyduh

posted
updated

Forum: Games

Does anyone remember the game on myspace where you had a digital pet? I think it was just called "virtual pets"? I played it all the time but I can hardly remember what pet I had.

Report Topic

28 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by KittenRabies

posted

Unfortunately I did not have a MySpace before, but I would love it if they brought it back because I am a virtual pet fiend lol

Report Reply

Reply by Obren

posted

Hahaha oh my I don't even remember Myspace had games! I remember this very same game on early Facebook like 2009 or something.

Report Reply

Reply by JasonDeth

posted

I don't remember a pet game but I very much do remember a vampire game that I LOVED but have no idea if it even still exists.

Report Reply

Reply by Chelsea Trent

posted

Yes, I remember this!

Report Reply

Reply by Zae

posted

I remember this game! I was 16 when I had first played it. I had a calico kitty named Misty. I can't remember her level but I remember that I had given her a crown to wear. I was obsessed with the game up until they removed it I was so upset..

Report Reply

Reply by maryam gueye

posted

omgg i need this there something like it that u can put on ur blog 

its called a gify pet

Report Reply

Reply by Cajunghost

posted

Here is a list of most of the original games that the old my space had available to play. Back then some of my favorite games to play were Cheers(drinking game), Mafia Wars, Street Racing, Vampires and YoVille. So many people were into playing most of those games back then.

Report Reply

Reply by Charity

posted

I was addicted to SuperPoke Pets(SPP). It annoyed a friend that I spent more time on Myspace playing the game than doing anything else. Sometimes I miss those games, they were simple and fun.

Report Reply

Reply by britter313

posted

I remember!!!

Report Reply

Reply by Roses Glitter

posted

Wow this just unlocked a memory I didn’t know I had!! 

Report Reply

Reply by Xlone-medicX (~_~)

posted

Haha I didn’t know MySpace had games on there. I didn’t have MySpace when it was poppin, but I had Facebook when it first released and I remember playing Pet society a lot on there and meeting with my friend.

Report Reply

Reply by GG27

posted

If I'm not mistaken, MySpace had a link on the bar called "Apps" in which there was a selection of games you can play.  I remember an app called "Tag Me" that seemed popular.  Anyways, I played a pet game called "SuperPoke! Pets" and I had a Turtle named Leonardo.

I believe the game you're questioning is called "RockYou Pets".

Report Reply

Reply by Darner

posted

I'm from the original Myspace era of early internet adopters, i was even around when youtube first started up. I don't remember playing this game though personally, but I did play the Vampires game mentioned multiple times here before, along with a few others like Dog Wars(which was kind of a kid friendlier version of Mafia Wars) and a lot of people used a part of the site to share their favorite songs at the time by embedding players and images. Nowadays though the closest thing you'll find to those kinds of games i think are sites such as Magistream and Dragcave, where they are a click adoptables kind of game site.

Report Reply

Reply by R00by!

posted

That was probably embedded flash games. I had so many on my old page, it would actually slow down XD

Report Reply

Reply by CryptikBoi

posted

There was this one old one that was essentially an Idle Vampire game.

Back in the day it was really popular to play things like Vampire/Mafia games, you'd invite friends to play them and join each other's gangs, click to "fight" another gang, wait like 3 hours and see what you've gained or lost as a result. And you got to customize your avatar too. It was pretty wild and I'm pretty sure it pioneered microtransactions in games 

Report Reply

Reply by Randy

posted

Wasn't Mafia on MySpace?

Report Reply

Reply by Angel_22

posted
updated

No other game had me caring for a pet more than SuperPoke Pets (SPP)!! The way I took care of my Panda*, after school making sure their they ate and played . I remember them having a “special” sale, where I was like a hottub for my pet and other cool stuff and I stg, was $100. I thought it was a bargain, got my moms card on the low, entered it, but then they called the house to confirm that this was legit.This game had me in a chokehold 

Report Reply

Reply by jojo

posted

i remember playing this one game that you were a mobster and you had to fight other mobsters and collect resources to earn money

Report Reply

Reply by the dude

posted

I just want Mafia Wars :(

Report Reply

Reply by mathias

posted

This looks so familiar... LOL

Report Reply

Reply by RUE, RAMONA

posted

I remember there was one pet game that allowed you to challenge another person's pet in a fight, but it was really predictable. You'd always win the first two or three fights you picked, lose the next, and then the cycle would repeat.

Report Reply

Reply by OokamiJ

posted

As a former MySpace user, I played the heck out of virtual pet games as well... Pet Society being a big one. Heck, even when I moved over to Facebook I played it there too until Playfish got bought out by EA and shut down. Man I was ticked seeing that the game was being deprecated.

Report Reply

Reply by Lako

posted

I have vague recollections of  Pet Society being on MySpace, although Facebook definitely was the main place for it. For anyone interested Nofil2000 made a very janky server emulator back when the game shut down. You should be able to find it after searching a bit if you really want to experience it for a bit.

Report Reply

Reply by RobinDotNet

posted

*Core memory unlocked*

I don't remember much about that game, but I definitely played that one!

Report Reply

Reply by Juan

posted

The only game I played on the original MySpace was Hammerfall, does anyone remember it? It was a D&D text based RPG. I remember it had its fair share of controversies like the owner stealing art assets from Deviantart and the time he decided to reboot the whole with a different ending that also rebooted our progress.

It's a shame because it had an interesting story.

Report Reply

Reply by TigerLily2024

posted

I had a blue rabbit in that game<3

Report Reply

Reply by Dwight Ramos

posted

Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your blog post very much. You have really shared an informative and interesting blog post. It’s difficult to get knowledgeable individuals during this topic, however, you seem like what happens you are referring to! Thanks. Read more about Dwight Ramos Girlfriend. Don't miss out on the action, and join the conversation today!

Report Reply

Reply by imelysiaa

posted

No but i found meez through myspace when i was a kid it was my favorite game

Report Reply