« Back to the Guitarists Forum

songs that you learned that made you a better guitarist

Posted by tori <3

posted

Forum: Guitarists Group

what songs influenced your playing style and developed your technique the most?

whoa i sound so fancy and smart

for me smells like teen spirt improved my strumming, nobody wants you (juno dream) helped with fingerstyle picking, thank you for the venom helped me with tremolo picking and general speed, mr brightside helped me with alternate picking, crying lightnight (the solo specifically) helped with slides and some girls are bigger than others is just such a great guitar riff

there are other songs that are generally fun to play but i wont bore you all

i would be super interested to hear your favourite songs to play and how they improved your guitar skill! :)

I'm also a pretty new guitarist so if any of you have some tips to improve generally i would really appreciate that, one song i have been struggling with at the moment is cemetery drive (rays part) because there are such difficult stretches along with speed so if anyone has some advice please share! 

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by ♱Heartless♱

posted

Learning the phsycosocial solo made me a better guitarist.

Report Reply

Reply by Weirdtoshi

posted

the intro solo from silent screamer by tatsuro yamashita 

it was a nightmare learn it but it really helped to my technique

Report Reply

Reply by Chomi

posted

I learned a part of "Revolution Is My Name", I think it helped me specially for the speed that you need to play it 

Report Reply

Reply by Blair

posted

I know it sounds super lame, but genuinely Mr. Mustache by Nirvana. The fast alternating riff, plus how fast it went really helped me out. It's that or Holiday by Greenday, it got me more used to fast chord changes

Report Reply

Reply by Blair

posted

I know it sounds super lame, but genuinely Mr. Mustache by Nirvana. The fast alternating riff, plus how fast it went really helped me out. It's that or Holiday by Greenday, it got me more used to fast chord changes

Report Reply