« Music Forum

Recommend me some 80's bands!

i've recently started getting into 80's bands such as duran duran and the cure! some genres i like are new wave, new romantics, any type of metal, and any type of rock!! please and thank you :)

Report Topic

10 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Ash

posted

i dont listen to many 80s bands but the iron maiden and slayer fans have pretty good suggestions if you find one of those (iron maiden and slayer are quite solid bands themselves) also love spvtw <3

Report Reply

Reply by [)4\ /![)

posted

Hall & Oates for 80s Soft Rock! Try "Out of Touch" and "She's Gone" at first to get a good feel of the range of music you can expect.

The Scorpions is good for 80s rock as well. "No One Like You" and "Winds of Change" are some of there more popular songs, while "Still Loving You" and "Lady Starlight" are in my top 10 scorpions songs. 

Report Reply

Reply by toaster

posted

Gang Of Four is a really good new wave band their first album Entertainment! is amazing. If you don't want to listen to the whole album Damaged Goods and At Home He's A Tourist are my favorite songs also To Hell With Poverty it's not the album. 

Report Reply

Reply by adam

posted
updated

^

i definitely agree! gang of four is great!!

my favorites are depeche mode, the police, inxs, and talking heads when it comes to new wave, but when it comes to more rock, i love the pixies, violent femmes, the smiths, and the cramps!

Report Reply

Reply by rey

posted

great taste in music! have you ever listened to the police? they’re a popular ass band so i’m sure you have but i reccomend checking more of their stuff out if your into it. :)

Report Reply

Reply by 𖤐aster𖤐

posted

Death, Hellhammer, Carcass, Morbid Angel, Slaughter (Canada), Goreaphobia, Cyadine

Cyadine isn't from the 80's but has that classic thrash sound

Report Reply

Reply by Mason/May

posted

new order, devo, echo and the bunny men, and oingo boingo are great bands to check out :)

Report Reply

Reply by Lana

posted

BUCK-TICK, my fav band <3 they've been active since 1983, and their sound has changed a lot over the years. i'd start off with listening to one of their most popular songs, dress (ドレス). i could talk about them forever lol so feel free to ask for recommendations 

Report Reply

Reply by manofSteele

posted

Depeche Mode is probably the best new wave artist of all time, so you should definitely check them out if you haven't.  Black Celebration or Violator are good starts.  If you like it, I would also recommend Ministry's first album, With Sympathy.  It's got a much more new wave/synthpop sound.

Report Reply

Reply by Curtis

posted