« Back to the Profictioners Forum

Favourite ship and why?

Posted by YI SANG

posted
updated

Forum: Profictioners Group

Wanted to hear about what our fellow profictioners have been into lately, if you've been into anything at all. It's been getting a bit chummy around here.

So tell me, what's everyone's favourite pairing nowadays and why? What about the dynamic appeals to you? Is it a popular ship or a rarepair? Is it problematic in any way and does that influence your liking to it? What are some headcanons you want to share with people?

Let us know.

Report Topic

17 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Noxilous

posted

Man I have so many ships to choose from that I never know which are my favorites sometimes. Currently, though, I have been VERY into Beelzebub x Belphegor from Obey Me! (Well, I've specifically been playing Nightbringer but). 

Their dynamic to me reminds me of me and my boyfriend, which is usually what makes a ship my favorite. Beel loves food and Belphie loves sleep and they just have such cute moment in the game. There's even one of them taking a nap together in the game's version of Tik Tok lmao. 

This ship is technically problematic. It's twincest but they're actually not related I'm pretty sure? I'm not too far in the lore but I've heard that since they were more so created instead of birthed that they're not really related but who cares I like to think that they're actually twin brothers who kiss <3. I do tend to like twincest / brothers C:

For once I finally think of headcanons for a pairing I like. My headcanons for these two are:

- Beelzebub is an extremely good cook and can make amazing meals. But he prefers making these delicious meals for those he loves (Belphie) to express his love and appreciation as food is his favorite thing. So if he cooks you something great and it's your favorite food too, that means he appreciates you <3

- Belphie loves to fall asleep on Beel's chest because it's big and cozy and warm. He also likes to sleep in between his strong thighs because they're also cozy C: (the thigh one is more so based on how I sometimes sleep in between my boyfriends thighs lmao)

- Beel remembers everyone's favorite foods and hated foods. He also has extensive knowledge about food and how to make things just right. This could also add into remembers the preferences others have. I like to think that Belphie is a bit picky (like myself) and dislikes his food being mixed together. So Beel always knows to keep food separate on his plate when able to. Not only that but he remembers that Belphie prefers soft and squishy vegetables so he always steams them for him <3

- Beel gives the best and strongest hugs. This man radiates warmth and coziness. And what's great about this is the Belphie is so nice and cuddly to hold since he's smaller and feels soft. So Beel always has the best person to hug and cuddle with <333

Report Reply

Reply by YI SANG

posted

I LOVE 67. You don't even know. I am number one 67 advocator. Do not care if they're twins. You're so real for that.

Report Reply

Reply by anemia

posted

my favorite proship has gotta be dreammare?? specifically dreammare from that cool swapdreamtale au where dream is the one who has the funky wings,, i just really like the brocon aspect and also the fucked up obsession that dream could have for his brother jdjfkdfd

he wants to lock him away,, like some sort of trophy or treasure that nobody else can touch. gotta keep your baby brother safe somehow <3

also sanscest i guess but thats not really considered super pro-shippy

Report Reply

Reply by YI SANG

posted

People nowadays have been very...weird about shipping selfcest. Some even consider it "basically incest" because the two clones would be "basically twins". I realise it's rather strange. 

I do recall DreamMare being one of my favourites when I was into Undertale years ago, but not in any truly problematic light. But now that you've enlightened me.. 

Report Reply

Reply by pom pom

posted
updated

as of now, my fav ship is Yanqing x Jing Yuan from Honkai Star Rail!

Report Reply

Reply by doutzen

posted

I'm currently torn between all the different variations of Spardacest from Devil May Cry (Dante/Vergil, Dante/Nero, Vergil/Nero, Dante/Nero/Vergil)

Report Reply

Reply by ʚ Eel ɞ

posted

oh god i have two that rot my brain CONSTANTLY

One is Azuflo (Azul Ashengrotto x Floyd Leech) from TWST. It's relatively vanilla but the western fandom seems to regard it as problematic for easily debunkable reasons because god forbid people in the twst fandom have different tastes in ships.

A more grey area ship is Sonadow. I consider it a grey area because some people in the fandom don't know how cryostasis actually works — Shadow isn't actually 50; he was in stasis for 50 years and is mentally and developmentally in the same age group as Sonic.

Report Reply

Reply by stretchedcorpsegirl

posted

current faves for me are larissa weems x wednesday addams (wednesday), claire redfield x sherry birkin (resident evil), kitana x mileena (mortal kombat) and kim pine x knives chau (scott pilgrim).

i just really like wlw ships (because i'm a big ole lesbian) and i am bummed at the lack of popular wlw ships that are proship. i just like toxic problematic lesbians, that's all.

Report Reply

Reply by Valentino <3

posted

dreammare honestly

or dreamxnightmarexshattereddreamxpassivenightmare

their just such cuties, i love the idea of the 4 of them making up and getting together, theyd all hang out in a big group too and wouldnt leave each others side

Report Reply

Reply by Nowuh :3

posted

my all time OTP forever is yoiharu (yoite x miharu rokujo).. they're incredibly important to me but most of all i just love their dynamic <3 they're basically two stray cats that bonded so they have to be adopted together. very reliant on each other to near co-dependency (which is an aspect i like to explore) but they really can only rely on each other. i know that some people consider shipping minor x minor "creepy" but i really don't think so lol.

a more problematic one might be isshushipping/ferriswheelshipping? the unova protags are much older than typical pokemon protags (14), but N is canonically around 20 in BW so there is a big age gap. i don't like it specifically for its age gap, i was just the right age when BW originally came out for N to be like a nuke to my brain. i just like to project onto hilbert/hilda. :P

furillette (neuvillette x furina) is a more recent ship i picked up after genshins fontaine arc wrapped up. the final arc of the plot hurt so bad through the lens of furillette T_T but i loved it... it has a huge power dynamic which i love to play around with, but mostly i like to see it that furina is the only one neuvillette is allowed to be vulnerable around, and vice versa.

Report Reply

Reply by YI SANG

posted

Honestly nowadays I have been so so into Thoma x Ayato from Genshin Impact. I think it may be due our Thoma alter being madly in love with his partner. It's entirely non problematic, but I love it.

Report Reply

Reply by luluby

posted

ARGHH i lovee  chaeya / kaechi  So Much . and i dont even know why !!!! i just see the two together and im like  oh my lord it is them i am going to do a jiggy in the blue skies of  earth out of pure happiness .  the fact that they have never actually interacted  makes it better in My opinion .. because i can just imagine it in my head with no problems .  It is so cool .  they are on my wall above my desk .  gosh i just love these two

Report Reply

Reply by ANDREW☆

posted

this isn't necessarily proship but medic x scout from team fortress 2 makes me go actually insane.

Report Reply

Reply by ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚Honey Senpai

posted
updated

SebaCiel and HaniMori easily. They are everything to me <3

SebaCiel is minor x adult, but also mortal x immortal (SPOILERS: later becomes both immortal) I love the dynamic between them, prince treatment is adorable.

HaniMori are technically cousins, but they’re married in. Honey is the same age as Mori, but he’s a shota and gets the same prince treatment!

I love shotas that get prince treatment.

Report Reply

Reply by Sae 🪭

posted

I love love loveee rin x sae from blue lock, I relate to sae very much. Love how obsessed rin is with sae. Also asa brothers from hell's paradise, I love their relationship so much. Knives x Vash as well. But outside of profic I love kaisagi/nagireo/chiscara/dokjoong/vanoe and more. Anything with a bit of rivalry works with me

Report Reply

Reply by luke

posted
updated

rn its either Ranseb (Randal x Sebastian from Ranfren) or JDronica (JD x Veronica from Heathers)

Report Reply

Reply by zwombiie🌈🍖

posted
updated

Probably greenflame (ninjago series)!! Their so silly and cute!!

And I'm pretty sure one of the creators is ok with people shipping it too so that's a bonus!!!

Second favourite is neosophi (d4dj)!! It's sooo toxic yuri (in my opinion anyway)

Report Reply