« Art and Photography Forum

need help choosing a camera

i really want to get into cinematography and want to get into creating found footage style horror, but in a very unique style that would need a high quality cinematography camera. i want to find one for the best price without sacrificing quality, id appreciate some help !

lense + camera + wtv else u think i need

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Josh Stewfart

posted

Any of the Canon "Rebel" cameras are really good with proper settings. I think you can even mod canon cameras for even better quality and personalization. I've used a T6 for both cinematic stuff but mostly documentary and it's worked great for both. The more expensive ones give marginally better performance but anything beyond these cameras would be a waste if you're not getting a proper "cinema" camera that can run you into the THOUSANDS of dollars.

Report Reply

Reply by ♡ Haru ♡

posted
updated

hmm found footage + hd video is pretty unusual combo. anyway i'd say get a mirrorless camera (look for the ones with vlogging capability bc not all mirrorless are good at video). alternatively if you want something more rugged and hardy go for secondhand dslr. again look for the ones with good video capability (look for 4k60fps video and common mic jack. my camera has no inbuilt mic and it takes 2.5mm like what the hell lol)

edit to add: if you plan to shoot in daytime get an nd filter! it cuts the washed out sunlight and make your footage looks nice like this 

Report Reply