« Back to the Omori Fan club <3! Forum

Spell bound (A OMORI AU) Chapter 6: Sunny’s return to dream land

“Sunshine I’m home!” Sunny hears his mother say as she opens the door, Sunny quickly bookmarks the spot in the book and moves over to help her with her bags.

“Oh! Are your legs better? You weren't able to move this morning!” His mom comments seeing how Sunny was able to walk just fine over to her. “Yeah, it turns out  I just needed to stay off them for a while.” Sunny says, unable to even bring up the fact that magic exists. “Well that's wonderful! Now why don’t we eat!” she says as lifts up the bag with the food, smiling.

“Ok I’ll get some napkins.” Sunny says going over to the kitchen counter and grabbing napkins for the two of them, they sat down in their respective chairs and began eating.

After a while of comfortable silence between the two until his mom starts to talk. “So did your new friends visit today? You said they were going earlier.” she comments, taking another bite of her sandwich, Sunny looks up at her and starts to talk as well. “Yeah they came by and we chilled out, They also told me how Mari was able to visit last night.” Sunny says and his mother's face lights up “That's great! What did they tell you?” His mom says, now paying full attention to what Sunny says. “You might not believe what I’m going to say.” they start.

“Sweetie My dead daughter visited me last night. We had a full conversation and I hugged her after almost five years. I don’t think that anything else will surprise me.” She says pointing out what happened last night.

“So it turns out that the reason she was able to visit is because of magic, oh there's the other thing, magic exists.” Sunny says blankly.

“Well that's new information I never knew in my 43 years of living .” his mom says blankly

“You're not surprised that magic exists? That I have magic?” Sunny questions at their mom’s nonchalant reaction

“Well with so many curve balls thrown at you though your life this is not a big surprise” His mom sighs as she continues to eat 

“I’m kind of shocked you took it so well” Sunny confesses as he takes another bite out of his sandwich. “I figured you would’ve freaked out like-” Sunny quickly cuts himself off, his dad is still a touchy subject between the two.

“It's fine Sunny, I’m not like that douchebag that is your father, I’ll be much more understanding about topics like this.” His mom comments but quickly realizes she cursed “don’t repeat that.” She quickly says and Sunny nods as they both keep eating, bringing up small talk to keep it from becoming awkward they quickly finish their meals and clean up the table. 

Sunny notices his mom looking at her phone and sees her face light up again, she quickly turns to him and excuses herself to her room. Sunny checks his phone for the time as well and sees that its 8:00 they move back to their room and continues to read the chapter he was on for their new magic guide.

★・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・★

After reading a couple chapters Sunny looks at his phone to check the time again, 10:00 pm, Sunny gets up and changes into his pajamas and brushes his teeth, looking down he sees that another spout mole was on the ground rolling around. Remembering the book, Sunny picked it up and taped its head twice, making it disappear in a puff of smoke. Walking to his bed he turns off the lamp and Sunny feels himself slowly falling asleep.

★・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・★

Sunny wakes up and looks around.

I’m here again Sunny thinks as they get up and look down, he's in the omori like outfit again. Sunny gets up and dusts themself off, as they walk around the void, now having a path to walk on looking at the sliding glass doors again they look at Basil’s door, seeing that it's not a nightmare Sunny sighs in relief. Noting to check on it later he walks over to Kel’s door, seeing him having the time of his life in an orange joe filled swimming pool, Sunny decides to crash the party. Opening the door, the smell of orange joe quickly hits them as he steps into Kel's dream

★・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・★

I wish this outfit didn’t have a coat Sunny thinks as he makes their way around Kel’s dream. The place was burning how and no matter how much Sunny tried, they could not get the coat off. Fanning themself, he walks around the water park and after a while finally finds Kel in a weird wetsuit and is sipping away from his pool

Gross. Sunny thinks as he walks over to Kel, who was still unaware of Sunny’s presence, As Sunny taps his shoulder Kel turns around to face them.

“Are you having fun Kel?” Sunny asks as Kel turns around to face them. “Havin a blast! Quick question though, how did ya get in my dream?” Kel asks and shocks Sunny in response

“How did you-” Sunny starts to ask before Kel bursts into laughter “If you turn to the right you can see how I know!” Kel keeps laughing as he points at another Sunny

And that Sunny was…

T A C K Y 

“Wha- WHY AM I DRESSED LIKE THAT?!” Sunny shouts, every part of the outfit was mismatched, a green striped shirt and bright orange shorts, random scuba gear and not to mention that for some reason Sunny had long hair. “AND WHY DO I HAVE LONG HAIR?” Sunny continues questioning while Kel is still laughing

“I thought it would be a look for ya! Kel says as he snorts from laughing so much, “Plus I saw what you had in your closet before you moved! Tack city!” Kel comments.

Sunny looks away “That was a 12 year old's closet. My wardrobes much better now.” Sunny Huffs, while there was not many clothes in there yet they were going to pick much better clothes

“Uh-huh and the striped pants are a good fashion choice?” Kel says as he gestures to Sunny’s pants “I didn't pick this outfit” Sunny shoots back, it was the truth.

“Alrighty then, but seriously though how did ya get here? I don’t think you're supposed to be here.” Kel says, getting out of his pool of orange joe.

Shit I didn’t think that far ahead, what am I supposed to tell him? Sunny quicks as he trys to think of a way to explain magic to Kel.

“Ummm I jussttt, dreamed very hard and since we’re really good friends I was able to get into your dream?” Sunny lies and their voice cracks mid sentence.

Yeah like that's going to work Sunny thinks as Kel just stare at them.

“...”

“...”

“OOOOO yeah that checks out! The power of friendship baby!” Kel smiles as he does finger guns and Sunny’s mouth just gaps open.

HOLY CRAP THAT WORKED?! Sunny thinks as he just sees Kel laughs. “Anyways I just thought you would visit Basil first! Not me!” Kel laughs seeing Sunny’s reaction “Kel, you're my friend too I’m not going to give Basil favoritism.” Sunny says and Kel smiles back at him.

“Ay I’m not saying you're giving favoritism, I’m just saying that I thought you would visit Basil first!” Kel assures Sunny with a toothy grin “Since you two are much closer than the rest of us! Me and Aubrey have a bet going ya know!” Kel says, patting Sunny on the back, getting orange joe on his jacket. Sunny smiles but then Kel's comment actually hits him. “Wait what bet?” Sunny asks and Kel realizes what he just said. “What? pppsshhh nooo your crrraaazzyyy HEY LOOK YOUR CUE TO EXIT AND VISIT BASIL!” Kel says as he starts pushing Sunny to the sliding glass door “Kel what's the bet about?” Sunny prods again and Kel awkwardly laughs again. “NOTHING TO CONCERN YOURSELF OH GREAT CAT KING NOW GO VISIT YOUR FLOWER BOY!” Kel shouts as he pushes Sunny through the glass door.

★・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・★

Sunny fumbles and face plants into the cloud-like floor in the “Hallway” as Sunny nicknamed it.

Sunny dusts himself off as they stand up, his face still stinging from the fall as they move over to Basil’s door, looking inside it’s dream, Sunny sees Basil trying to recreate a dream version but after a while giving up and sitting on a sofa made out of flowers. Sunny contemplates what they should say to Basil.

Does he think that I was part of it’s dream or does he know I’m the real Sunny? He thinks as they open the sliding glass door and step into Basil’s dream.

★・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・★

Sunny walks around Basil's dream, he's checking every crevice to make sure there's no remnants of something, slashing anything resembling a shadowy figure. As Sunny walks up to an open space he sees Basil making flowers grow taller, decorating the waterfalls that make the walls. Sunny smiles as he walks up to Basil, It’s back turned away from them. Sunny taps his shoulder and Basil whips around and its face lights up and he quickly tackles Sunny in a hug.

“SUNNY YOUR HERE!” Basil shouts as it hugs Sunny, Sunny chuckles and hugs it back, Sunny can see more lavender and yellow roses and other flowers Sunny didnt know the meaning of growing on the walls. “I missed you Sunny.” Basil says, snuggling into Sunny’s shirt.

“Well I missed you too Basil.” Sunny says, a bit in shock over the tackle of a hug. “I didn’t know you would be so happy to see me.” Sunny admits, helping Basil up from the floor. “OF COURSE! How could I forget last night?!” Basil shouts, then quickly looks away remembering what happened.

Sunny’s ears burning recalling the events, “Well, I’m glad you still remember what happened last night.” Sunny says, rubbing the back of their neck. Basil quickly grabs Sunny’s hand and leads him to the sofa it was sitting on earlier, gesturing for Sunny to sit next to him.

“Do you want to know about the flowers on the walls, Sunny?” Basil asks as Sunny sits down on the sofa. “Yeah it's almost like you can read my mind.” Sunny smiles as Basil makes the flowers that are on the walls show up in front of them. “Ok! You already know what lavender roses mean so I don’t have to talk about them but did you know that yellow roses also mean “Welcome back”? They aren't just used for friendship! Of course, that depends on the context of the other flowers!” Basil starts and shows Sunny the yellow roses, after a couple minutes Basil gestures a sky blue flower over to Sunny’s eyesight “This is a Blue Petunia! They symbolize peace, calm, and serenity! I was putting these in the room to match how I see this place!” Basil rambles and Sunny just quietly listens, a smile growing on their face. Looking at the flowers in front of Basil one catches Sunny’s eye. A single strand of stem holds many smaller white flowers, it looks like a cloud, “What about this one?” Sunny asks and points to the flower (flowers?) and Basil Immediately turns red. “OH HOW DID THOSE GET THERE?” Basil says trying to make the flower go away, something tells Sunny that they mean something that Basil does not want to share. Sunny will have to look those up later. “Those are just baby’s breath! No idea now they got there hahaha!” Basil says waving his hands to make the flower disappear, Sunny laughed at the name.

“Why would someone name a flower that? I think it looks more like clouds!” Sunny says laughing and Basil starts laughing as well “I guess they do!” Basil laughs and he makes them appear again. They were named that way due to how delicate they are, they’re usually used in weddings or as accent flowers for bouquets!” Basil says, putting them on the walls near the roses. 

“What do they mean? You're putting them near the lavender roses.” Sunny says pointing to one of the lavender roses with the baby’s breath and Basil’s blush immediately comes back in full swing. “Well Ummm I forgot! I’ll have to check that later!” Basil says, rubbing the back of it’s head, clearly lying. Clearing it’s throat he continues decorating the walls of the room, slowly making the room have more flowers than aquatic plants. Looking down at the water again Sunny sees something that makes them freeze. 

A small humphry is swimming around in the then empty waters, panic sets in as he tries to make Humphey go away without alerting Basil. Waving his hands, tapping their foot and fidgeting with the tulip that replaced his left eye, none seem to make Humphrey go away, on the contrary he got closer. As Sunny tries to make the mini Humphrey turn around Basil notices that Sunny is acting, to put it plainly-

Like a absolute idiot

“Sunny what are you doing?” Basil Questions seeing him flail their limbs like an idiot. Sunny jolts at being discovered and quickly tries to act like nothing was happening “NOTHING!” Sunny quickly says trying to get the smaller Humphry to go away but it's too late, Basil looks down and sees the whale “Oh how cute!” Basil says as he makes Humphrey a small water bubble to let him out of the floor. “When did you get here?” Basil asks the whale as he swims around a bit.

“The dreamer brought me here! It's quite nice to get out of Static void every once and a while!” Humphrey says as he turns to Sunny. “Thank you dreamer! I’m glad to be of service over the years!” Humphrey says with his trademark smile and Sunny panics again

OH GOD HUMPHREY PLEASE SHUT UP HE DOESN'T KNOW I’M THE REAL SUNNY YET Sunny thinks as they awkwardly laugh it off and Basil laughs again. 

“Wow! My brain is really making me think that you're the real Sunny!” Basil says putting Humphrey back into the water below. Sunny mentally sighs in relief as he watches Basil continue to decorate the room with even more flowers, many Sunny only knows from Animal Crossing Wild World. “So Sunny!” Basil says, pausing what it was doing to turn his attention to them. “I’ve been embroidering a gift for the real Sunny to send as a gift!” Basil says and claps his hands. “Since they texted me the postal address I’m able to send it when it's done!” He says as he laughs “It’s quite difficult but It’ll be worth it!” Basil says and Sunny becomes intrigued. “What are you making for him?” Sunny asks as he tries to find out what they’ll get as a gift and Basil just playfully elbows him. “Well if I tell you I have a gut feeling that the real Sunny will know!” Basil says and Sunny pretends to be upset and kicks the floor, laughing after words “Well this may be a gut feeling, or I’m just pandering to you since I’m a dream version of Sunny. But I have a feeling that he’ll like whatever you give them.” Sunny says and smiles causing Tomato Basil to return once again. 

“O-Oh you're just saying that.” Basil stutters and Sunny laughs again “Maybe I am, but it’s the truth.” Sunny says, leaning back on the sofa. “Judging on how you think about him to make me like this I have a feeling that even if you sent him a bag with dirt in it they would still like it!” Sunny jokes, not sure what he would do with a bag of dirt from Basil but he would find a way.

“Do you think so? I hope they will like what I’m making!” Basil chuckles, and rubs the back of it’s neck. “I’m getting a lot of needle pricks on my hands.” Basil laughs and Sunny smiles as well

“Well I’m sure he’ll like it.” Sunny replies and just when he does the sliding glass door appears once again, signaling for them to leave. “Basil the doors here.” Sunny says and turns to Basil and Basil gets a sad look on it’s face. “Oh, already? I guess it is time to wake up, I need to water my flowers before the move” Basil says, fidgeting with his fingers. 

I can ask where he's moving! Sunny thinks as he continues to listen to Basil talk about what he has to do later. Once Basil stopped talking Sunny asked the question, “So where are you moving?” Sunny asks and Basil turns to them. “Well to be honest, I’m not sure, my parents never told me. My mother just said that it's in a city.” Basil admits rubbing the back of his neck. 

Ok scratch that maybe I’ll text him about it Sunny thinks as they stand up, and Basil quickly stands up with him. “Can you visit more often? I want to see you more.” Basil requests, and Sunny just hugs it. “I promise, I’ll make sure to come by as much as possible.” Sunny says as he sinks into the hug, ignoring the door for a short moment.

“O-Ok I trust you.” Basil says as he hugs Sunny back. “I’ll make sure to find out where I’m moving and I’ll tell you and the real Sunny” Basil promises and he pulls away from the hug. “Alright, you can go now I’ll see you tomorrow night.” Basil says and he smiles at Sunny, it's one of the brightest smiles Sunny had ever seen from Basil and Sunny could feel how happy it was and they could feel something being made, he just didn’t know where. Electing to ignore it he just smiles and opens the sliding glass door, waving goodbye to Basil Sunny steps though the door and could feel himself waking up.

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by ZTKane

posted

Chapter 7: Sunny Plays Resident Evil 4 for 3 hours straight and forgets to call Basil

Report Reply