But I want Basil to know that I won’t abandon it

But Kels waiting for my call, I should call Kel

Sunny grabs their phone and Dials Kel’s home phone number and waits

Ring

Ring

Ring

Click!

“Hello this is the Hernandez residence, who am I speaking to?” Hero says

Oh crap its Hero. Sunny thinks as he grabs a text to speech tool he used when he had trouble talking, hoping that Hero didn’t remember what it sounded like.

“Hello! This is a call for: Kelsey Hernandez! If available please put: Kelsey Hernandez. on the line!” The machine says as Sunny silently prays that it works

After a couple moments of silence Sunny hears Kels voice,

“Hello Yellow, Kel Speaking! I swear that the essay will be done in two days Mrs. C!” Kel says making a excuse to a teacher Sunny didn’t know

Sunny Sighs in relief that it worked and starts to talk into the phone

“Hey kel, Is Henry out of the room?” Sunny says, hoping that if he was he didn’t hear.

“Oh Sun- crap” Kel says as he runs to another room.

“Ok I’m in the clear, Whats up dude! I was waiting for ya to call! How’ve ya been?” Kel chirps into the phone

“I’ve been good, I’ve moved in nicely and I got another cat.” Sunny says as he retells the little outing they had.

“Whoa dude that's amazing! I didn’t know you could get a whole new group so quickly! Ya better not replace us now ya hear?” Kel says, very clearly happy for his friend

“I won’t Kel I promise, although I have a question.” Sunny says

“Sure dude whats up?”

“How come you had to move to another room for our call? Usually you take it in the living room.” Sunny prys as a knot settles in their stomach 

“Ohhhhhhhhh, dude I hate to tell ya but you and Basil are basically a curse word around the house” Kel says trying to remain positive “When I told my mom that I’d expect a call from you Hero flipped and said that I shouldn't talk to you anymore” Kel confessed 

“Oh, I’m sorry Kel.” Sunny apologized

“Naw your all good dude! Plus you know ditching you over something you’ve clearly punished yourself for ain't my style!” Kel says laughing “Even if I was gonna ditch ya I would tell ya!”

Ah Kel the ever so reliable Kel

“Thanks Kel I really appreciate this, your a really good friend I’m happy that your sticking with me and Basil.” Sunny thanks him as he fidgets with his hands

“Don’t sweat it man! I’ll make sure to try to repair things over here!” Kel says “Before ya know it this will all be water under the bridge!”

“Kel, you don’t need to do that. I know how upset Henry and Aubrey are right now, they might never forgive me and Basil.” Sunny says, being blunt

“Naw dude I insist! It's better than letting Hero sulk in his room! Heads up though he put your and Basil’s photo on a dart board haha!” Kel says

Yikes he's pissed Sunny thinks as he scratches the back of his head 

“Well it can’t be helped I guess.” Sunny laughs as he imagines Hero aggressively throwing darts at a photo of him

“Yeah I guess it can't. Let me tell you though it looks so funny! He's over there like “hur dur I’m Hero and I put people I don’t like on a dart board.” Kel mimics Heros voice causing Sunny to laugh a bit

“I don’t think he would be too happy to hear that Kel, but it is kind of funny to think about.” Sunny chuckles at the thought of it “anyways, hows practice going?

“OH DUDE ITS GOING GREAT! LET ME TELL YOU!”

★・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・★

After 20-ish minutes Kel gets called to help start dinner 

“Shoot! I’ll talk to ya later Sunny! gotta go!” Kel says as he gets up “Adios dude!”

“Goodbye Kel I’ll talk to ya later.” Sunny says as Kel hangs up the phone

One friend down time for basil Sunny thinks as he dials Basil’s number

Ring

Ring

Ring

Ring

*Click!*

“Hello this is the Fae residence! Who am I speaking to?” A voice Sunny doesn’t recognizes answers the phone 

“Umm, Hello who is this?” Sunny asks

“This is Maranda Fae! Who am I speaking to?” She repeats

“Oh Hello, I want to talk to Basil, is he home?”

“Yes it is!” Maranda as she pulls back from the phone but Sunny can still hear her

“Basil sweetie! There's someone on the phone that wants to talk to you!”

“Ok! I’ll be right over!” Sunny hears basil say, he can already feel his ears burning from just hearing it’s voice

“Hello this is Basil speaking!” Basil says into the phone, unaware that its Sunny.

“Hey Basil, how are you?” Sunny asks and he can hear faint moving around

“Oh! Hi Sunny! Hold on, let me move to my room!” Basil says, his voice becoming audibly flustered after a couple moments he hears Basil again

“Ok! I’m in my room. How are you?” Basil says happiness evident in its voice

“I’ve been good! I’ve been able to move into my new room and I got a new cat today.” Sunny says trying but failing not to dump his whole day into the flower boys ears

“Oh that's wonderful! I’m glad things have gone well!” Basil says sitting on his bed “My parents are actually here right now that's why I moved to my room

Oh! So the woman I talked to was his mother! Sunny thought as he started fidgeting with his hand.

“How have you been? Has your day been going ok?” Sunny asks 

“Oh! Kel visited me and we hung out today! We mainly worked on my flowers but he was happy to help me get them all into travel pots!” Basil say 

Travel pots? Is it moving them around? Sunny thinks as they look at all the possibilities on what that could mean

“Right I forgot to mention! My parents are moving me to an apartment so they can sell the house, I guess we’re both moving this month huh? Haha..” Basil says laughing awkwardly

Oh he's moving away from faraway

As Sunny sits in silence for a couple moments, trying to think about a life without any type of contact with basil, for some reason Sunny couldn’t help but think that he would be miserable like that, no contact with basil at all? He can’t live with that he won’t.

“Can you text me when you move? If you get a cell phone that is.” Sunny requests, 

Basil never got a Cell phone because “The blue light is bad for the plants” or “If I get a phone I’ll spend to much time on it” 

“Well My parents already got me a phone. I just haven't set it up yet! Once I do I’ll text you! Maybe Kel will make a group chat like he did with our DS’s!” Basil say recalling a nice memory

★・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・★

“HEY GUYS GUESS WHO GOT A DS FOR THEIR BIRTHDAY?” Kel says as he waves a red Ds in the air 

“That's wonderful Kel! Just be careful not to drop it!” Mari says as she puts more paint on to their Ds she wanted a purple one but purple was not an available color

“Now we can All play Mario party together!” Aubrey cheers as she takes care of her nintendog, a poodle

“WAIT LETS MAKE A PICTO CHAT GROUP!” Kel shouts as he starts the app up 

“Kel, I think you need everyone else's friend codes first.” Hero points out holding his black Ds

“Oh your right GIVE ME YOUR FRIEND CODES!” Kel demands opening the friends app

“Ok! Just let me leave Sunny’s Town first!” Basil's response as he types into the animal crossing chat

Sunflowr: Looks like I’m going to leave your town!

Sunshine: Ok let me get the Fossil you asked for before leaving

Sunflowr: Thx Sunny! : D

Sunshine: No problem

Basil giggles as Sunny’s avatar walks up to his and drops a fossil near it’s avatar

“EARTH TO SUNNY AND BASIL I NEED YOUR FRIEND CODES!” Kel says after he already put in Mari’s, Hero’s and Aubrey’s friend codes

“Oh right! Sorry Kel, give us a second!” Basil says as he uses a reaction to make it look like their avatars are hugging, before going though the town gates to leave. Sunny felt his ears burning again, that was starting to become routine. “Ok! Here's my friend code!” Basil says as it hands over his Ds, a white ds with green painted protectors and flower stickers

“Thanks dude!” Kel says as he types Basil’s code into his DS and Sunny saves his game and exits out to show Kel their friend code. “Ok Sunny! Hand it over!” Kel says as he runs up to Sunny, jumping up and down. Sunny hands over his Ds, unaware that his friend list is still open

“DUDE YOUR ALREADY FRIENDS WITH BASIL? NOT EVEN MARI’S ON YOUR FRIEND LIST!” Kel very loudly points out as Sunny can feel he's just been put in the hotseat of questioning.

“Wow talking about playing favorites!” Hero says as he laughs at Sunny's face, he looked like they just got caught eating snacks when he wasn't supposed to.

“Wait, Mari didn’t you friend Hero before anyone else?” Aubrey asks, starting to put the puzzle pieces together

“Hmm I guess I did! I never noticed!” Mari says as she looks at Sunny.

“It could be my imagination messing with me buuuuuuttttt-” Mari starts saying a smug smile painting her face

Sunny can feel his face and ears getting red, their cover is about to be blown real quick unless he does something

Oh no 

“Oh guys, it's not that big of a deal! We just play animal crossing every once and a while!” Basil says, deflecting all their theories

THANK YOU BASIL

“Oooooohhhhhh, Yeah that checks out! Just make sure to give me fossils too Sunny! I need to start my museum!” Kel says as he puts Sunny’s friend code in and starts to make the friend group. As soon as Kel turned away Sunny breathed again, not knowing that he was holding it.

“Hey Sunny can you add me to your friends list to? I want to join My little brothers crossing sessions!” Mari asks as she hands over her Ds to him

“Ok.” Sunny says back as they type in his friend code.

“Thank you! Now lets regroup with the others!” Mari chirps as she joins Heros side saying a inaudible pick up line

Sunny smiles a bit as he joins the group and walks next to Basil.

★・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・★

“Oh yeah I guess he would the moment he learns you got a phone!” Sunny chuckles “I can hear the bad plant jokes from here”

“Yeah, but you could say that me getting a phone is me BRANCHING out!” Basil jokes

“...”

“You did not just make a plant pun” Sunny laughs as he can imagine Basil’s face right now

“And what If I did? Sometimes you gotta LEAF things be!” Basil makes another pun causing it to earn another laugh from Sunny 

“Basil if you make another plant pun im going to ask my mom to make dinner with basil in it” Sunny playfully threatens, Basil makes an audible gasp

“Sunny! You DARE eat my brothers and sisters? I DECLARE WAR! I'M GOING TO MAKE EGGS FOR BREAKFAST TOMORROW!” Basil shoots back

“You wouldn't!” Sunny says, acting shocked

“Oh but I would!” Basil replies “I’ll have you know that sunny side up eggs are my favorite type of egg!” Basil says as Sunny pretends to be shocked

“OH the horror!” Sunny replies as the two burst out into laughter.

Basil laugh was (pun not intended) music to Sunny’s ears, he could listen to it all day, 

I missed your laugh Basil. Sunny thinks as their laughing dies down

“Anyways! Let me give you my new phone number! I’ll text Kel so expect a group chat in 15 minutes.” Basil says as it grabs what Sunny is assuming is his new phone

“Ok the number is [insert phone number here]! Make sure the confirm that its me ok?” Basil says as he starts to add Sunny’s number into it’s phone.

“Ok I’ll do that.” Sunny says “should I text Kel to let him know to that the text hes going to get is you?” Sunny offers, the moment he tells kel about Basil having a phone he’ll make a groupchat faster than Sunny could ever, “No thats alright! I’ll text him myself! Plus Kel is gonna flip out!” Basil laughs, remembering how much Kel freaked out when Sunny showed him their pet rock.

“Oh yeah I guess thats your news, so I’m assuming that im going to be in a group chat with you and Kel after dinner?” Sunny says already knowing that Kel would be ecstatic.

“Speaking of dinner! I need to help out my parents! I’ll text you later ok?” Basil says getting ready to put the phone back on the receiver “I’ll see you later Sunny!” 

“Ok I’ll talk to you later Basil.” Sunny says as he feels a bit upset, they didn’t want the call to end, he wished he could talk with Basil forever.

“Bye Sunny!” Basil says as the phone hangs up, Sunny calmly puts his phone on the dresser and immediately shoves his face into his pillow and screams. He forgot how nice talking to Basil felt like, with Omori taking control for certain things he suppressed Sunny’s feelings for Basil as well, after so long of not being able to feel any type of positive emotion it was amazing. After a while and a lot of kicking the air Sunny got up to see if his mom needed help with dinner.

“Did you call your friends Sunny? I heard laughing!” His mom asks as she gets things for dinner, looks like she's making some type of pasta with chicken, it smells good. “I did I talked to Kel and Basil, turns out Basil got a new phone so I’ll be able to text it after dinner.” Sunny tells her,

He's going to try to be more open about things that happen to them. Sunny told her about the dream world as well as how he suffered throughout the last four years. While she didn’t grasp everything, she still supported them, what an A grade mom.

“It’s nice to hear you laugh again! It must be nice to talk to your friends after a long day! Now can you get me the Parmesan cheese?” She asks as she points to a bag on the counter, Sunny grabs the container of cheese and passes it to her, “Thank you sunshine.” she thanks him as she sprinkles cheese into the pan, wow that's a lot of cheese “Oh! Sunshine, you should look in the bag on the table! I got a gift for your room!” Sunny walks over to the bag to see a container of those glow in the dark stars and planets.

“I figured since the ones you used to have were worn out that I would get new ones!” Sunny’s mom says as she puts more seasoning into the pasta. “I’m assuming you're still scared of the dark, but if you're not you don’t have to use them!” She says when she puts the last bits of cheese into the pan, grabbing plates to put the pasta onto them. “No mom these are great, I won’t have to use a lamp.” Sunny says as they put them on the coffee table, “I’ll put them on my walls after dinner.” Sunny says as he grabs forks and napkins to help her out. “Well I’m glad you like them sunshine! Now let's eat!” She says as she puts the plates on the table

★・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・★

After dinner Sunny helps clean up and moves to his room, taking the stars out of the packaging they begin to put them on the walls and ceiling, admiring his work Sunny hears a sound from his phone.

*THE BROS B)*

*Kel created *THE BROS B)* group chat!*

*Kel added Basil to the chat*

*Kel added Sunny to the chat*

Kel: SUP BROS 

Basil: Kel I did not expect you to make a group chat 5 mins after I tell you I got a phone

Sunny: wow a new Kel record

Kel: awe c’mon guys I’m making the effort to keep contact and this is how I get treated? shameful/j

Basil: srs tho I appreciate the effort you made :)

Kel: See Sunny? Basil appreciates me :D

Sunny: You think just because Basil appreciates you I would?

Kel: …

Kel: Yeah kinda-

Sunny: you’re right

Kel: I KNEW IT YOUR BIAS IS SHOWING

Sunny: you will say nothing about Bias in this chat when you have clear bias as well

Kel: what? Pfft no I don’t

Sunny: I see you pick the same team when you play Pokemon

Kel: DON’T BRING MY TURTWIG INTO THIS >:(

Sunny: I will bring your turtwing into this YOU TEACH IT THE SAME MOVES

Kel: DONT CHANGE IT IF IT WORKS

Basil: ok Sunny let's not be mean to our friends ok? :)

Sunny: yes Basil

Kel: simp

Sunny: shut up

Kel: no :)

Sunny: don’t you have a summer essay to get done?

Kel: CRAP I FORGOT ABOUT THAT GTG

Basil: Do you best Kel! We believe in you :D

Sunny: put commas

Kel: THX GUYS SEE YA LATER

*Kel has left the chat*

Basil: do you think that Kel will actually do the essay?

Sunny: I doubt he’ll get it done but I got a feeling he’s going to take a chunk out of it

Basil: Yeah that checks out for Kel! Anyways I’m going to go take care of some final boxes! I’ll text you when I’m done! :D

Sunny: ok see you later Basil

Basil: Bye!

*Basil has left the chat*

Sunny smiles at their phone as he puts it on the dresser again, taking some of the things out of their boxes, seeing the capt spaceboy figure and sweetheart doll he immediately puts them on opposite sides of the shelf.

Capt spaceboy needs a break from her… Sunny thinks as he remembers some of headspace.

Sunny grabs the sprout mole plush and the toy piano and puts them on the shelf as well, the rest of the toys are left in the box and put under the desk.

After a while Sunny gets changed into their pajamas and sits down in his bed, turning off the lamp and drifting off he hears a voice again.

“Sleep well, little brother.”

[AUTHORS NOTE]

Its time for the gays lmao

-Toast

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by ZTKane

posted

BRO WHY DID YOU TYPE

“Hero said as he pulled back his D’S”

TF????? HERO GAY REAL!!?!!??!