« Back to the The Ghibli Network! ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Forum

Any Ghibli film that you DISLIKE?

I don't want to seem negative but I'm just genuinely curious, for example the movie that I found super weird was Pom Poko, I feel like alot of people will agreeee? If you've ever seen it.

The ending scene was really cool tho!

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by kit_kat<3

posted
updated

very hot take here, but I personally don't like Princess Mononoke. It probably roots from childhood trauma when my dad made me watch this movie, and I thought it was going to be like Totoro, and instead I witnessed a war :*). I've also tried to re-watch it several times, and although it no longer scares me, it doesn't have that same magic that I feel most studio ghibli movies have. 

Report Reply

Reply by Reemly

posted

Omg, yeah princess mononoke was really gory and violent- can totally understand that being traumatic at a younger age..

Report Reply

Reply by evannn

posted

I can’t bring myself to watch grave of fireflies :’( I know it’s so sad and therefore it goes on my bad list (I also know that’s it really good but I cannot handle so much sadness from ghibli)

Report Reply

Reply by Snow Owl ༉‧₊˚✧

posted

Arriety

I don't even know why but I just seriously hate it, I thinks its the accents of the characters in the English version that make me grind my teeth @_@ but other then that its actually quite nice 

Report Reply