« Back to the mcr fans!!!! Forum

some curiosities of mcr?? im new on the fandom

i started to listening to mcr a little while ago, and idk almost nothing about the members and their musical careers, so put some curiosities about the songs, concerts, interviews, or anything else. It would help sooo much!! X)

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by xX Killjoy Kai Xx

posted

ok so 1, watch life on the murder scene if u havent

2, my favorite mcr fact is the time the fbi came to frank's house over a leathermouth song XD

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by hesitantalien ☄. *. ⋆

posted

hi, welcome to the mcr fandom :D i recommend watching the black parade is dead! concert video and life on the murder scene. the video my chemical romance in the studio 2002 gives a pretty cool look into the really early days of the band too!

with the band being like 20 years old there's a lot to see and learn lol

fun fact! ray once got arrested for shoplifting some batteries

i also totally recommend listening to everyone's solo work (gerard's is my favorite, it's SO good)

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by tori <3

posted

I’m pretty new to the fandom too but I have always really enjoyed Gerard’s comics and I think something really cool about mcr is how they take inspiration from books and comics to make cool storyline’s throughout their albums

I really recommend looking into the storyline’s behind the songs they are so cool and make the lyrics even better! 

If anyone wants I can kinda summarise all the stories and references i know of but I might be wrong

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by skye

posted

like everyone else has said life on the murder scene is a great way to get to know more about the members, along with my chemical romance in the studio 2002!! i also really recommend reading the fabulous killjoys california comic if you like danger days, but it's a bit hard to follow if you don't know the danger days plotline pretty well. and if you want more music frank has a ton, my favorite of his albums is stomachaches, ray's solo album remember the laughter and gerard's hesitant alien are both amazing :] and if you haven't listened to it, the mad gear and missile kid ep is a less well known mcr release and all three of the songs are amazing

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by tori <3

posted

Life on the murder scene is a great place to start along with just watching interviews and stuff if you want to. But like don’t worry about knowing everything, from my experience atleast most people in the fandom are super nice and accepting so liking the music is all you really need to do

Whoops I already posted on this sorry

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by blub blub

posted

when i was getting into them i used to watch those funny mcr compilations or just interviews in general really helps you see the personalities of each member other than life on the murder scene n the other stuff ppl recommend i’d also suggest going onto the reddit or insta fan pages and stuff :3

Permalink Report Reply