« Automotive Forum

Wanting to start riding

Posted by Velvet

posted

Forum: Automotive

So I want to start riding a motorcycle, but I don't know how to go about it. I've been through a safety course and passed the written (got close to passing the riding portion, but a dude messed up in front of me and caused us both to fail), so I have some riding experience with the course, but that was a few years ago and I haven't been on a bike since. Looking for advice on what I should do. I was considering buying the bike and practicing where I could before taking an online written and finding a course at my local DMV to do the driving portion, but I'm not sure about that, I've also considered doing another safety course, but I don't want a repeat of last time with a different guy. Any serious input is appreciated

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by Mvrky.mp4

posted

With any skill, practice makes perfect. When I bought my first manual car I didn't know how to drive manual but I basically threw myself into the water and made myself learn. I feel like you should buy a bike and on days where you aren't busy, take it out and drive around and get a feel on how it is. 

Report Reply