« Back to the OC Havers Forum

Discussion Question - Nostalgia : What was your first OC?

Posted by lucas ♓

posted

Forum: OC Havers Group

I thought that this would be a fun first post to publish to this group haha ^^'

Plus it gives me an excuse to infodump about my infamous childhood mary-sue,,

Have any of you read Wings of Fire? It was this dragon book series that I was invested in way back when, I'm thinking mid elementary school (second or third grade). There's been plenty more books released since I last touched the series, but I was really into the first five.

Around that time, I was really into roleplaying on minecraft. There was this one creative server I frequented a lot because it had a large community of roleplayers who would build some incredible settings and stories, and I got swept up into it rather quickly. 

Someone was hosting a Wings of Fire roleplay that was loosely based off of the actual story, which gave us a lot of creative freedom to do whatever we wanted. I made a dragon called "Sea Star", who started out as a rather tame, albeit boring, original character - who eventually turned into this absolute monster as the years went on and the story changed.

By the time she was "Seaweed", she had this convoluted plot revolving around her being a dictator ruling a civilization of "half-dragon, half-human" hybrids in a war against humanity. It was really edgy and became just overwhelmingly (even unnecessarily) graphic once I entered middle school and branched out from minecraft roleplaying and decided to make it into it's own story. 

I haven't actually done anything with her character since 6th grade, but I would be lying if I said that I haven't been considering revamping her into a more fleshed out antagonist and character. Then again, I'm more focused on my current OCs that I've been developing over the past few months - but it's a nice thought, and one I may entertain if I find myself with some free time.

I'm curious about everyone else though.. Anyone have a similar experience?

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Shoka

posted

Diego was the first OC I created for a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure story that my friends and I made when I was about 12 years old. In the story, he was depicted as the son of Pucci before he passed away. The character was initially designed to cater to the fanfiction's theme, but I've made several changes to him since then. I'm currently developing a game on him with a few friends; we should have at least a test demo out in 6 months, maybe.

Report Reply

Reply by jokerworm

posted

My first group of OCs were a quadruplet superhero team. I've always had a thing with having my OCs be part of a multiple group (twins, triplets, etc). I remember making a comic of them when I was very young, possibly 4-5 years old. The quadruplets were around my age. I have since miss placed the notebook where I made it. I don't remember their names too much. All I know is that I made a sequel comic as well. I was a very imaginative child haha. I even made an IRL cast of them and had my schoolmates be them. I never told them about the comic (I think). I just remember I would want them to play the characters if it ever became an actual movie. 

I remember in the sequel there was a fair amount of "gore," which even my mom said was weird. That has also crossed over to my recent writings. I wonder what happened for me to be into all of that from such a young age. 

I haven't seen the comic in a while. I know that the drawings weren't the best, and I don't remember the story too much. All I know is that I was very proud of it, and the people around me encouraged me to keep doing what I was doing. It worked lmao. I'm gonna try to publish a novel in Spring 2024.

Report Reply

Reply by Jayden !?

posted

my first oc was a mary sue version of myself it was a neko girl with wings and a eye pad on the left eye because of a scar ,, she was part of a group of three girl (including saided oc) and we were like diferent types of animals (on of them was a bunny and the other was a fox) there really isnt a lot of lore i just wanted to be a catgirl with magical power lolz

Report Reply

Reply by lucas ♓

posted
updated

@Shoka : Making a game sounds really exciting! I have no experience in that field, but I can imagine how much work you're putting into this demo. Hopefully all goes well! Is the game still based on/inspired by JJBA, or has your oc branched out from that significantly since then?

@Vincent Cain : Incorporating real life friends into a story feels so sincere and heartwarming, I wish I did something similar growing up. I can absolutely relate to the inclusion of gore, however. I'm so glad that you're writing a novel! Similarly to Shoka, I wish you the best of luck!

@Jayden !? : Self-insert mary sues are so real,, and even now I would be lying if I said that I didn't vicariously live through my current ocs. Absolutely no shame in having a harmless power fantasy character at that age, especially if they're said catgirl with magic powers. 

Report Reply

Reply by Shoka

posted

The game is still inspired by JJBA to some extent, as evidenced by some of the character moves and poses, but the main character, Diego, has his own distinct backstory and personality. However, in the process of creating Diego's character, I found it difficult to come up with a unique personality for him, and he has since evolved into somewhat of a self-insert character. His entire story is essentially an exaggerated version of my own life experiences. The entire game is really just a massive role-playing story that I'm creating with two of my friends.

Report Reply

Reply by Fr4nt1c

posted

The first OC I had was in the disney series called 7D universe. 7D is basically about the seven dwarves from snow white except they serve the queen and go on adventures. I had a crush on the bashful one (which is weird i know) and i used to ship him with my OC. Her name was Rosemary and she was a princess from another kingdom who ran away. There's not much lore of her because she's from a kids show lol

Report Reply