« Goals, Plans, Hopes Forum

Something I want to happen very badly

Something that I want to happen is that I want to become a writer/ poet. I'll be trying my best to make it happen, it seems kinda out there and hard to reach but I truly believe I could do it. It's hard to reconcile my desire for the kind of freedom needed to write with the reality of needing money and stuff. I'm gonna be trying my best so I guess this is the sign for anyone else who needs it, if there's some creative pursuit or something you really want to do just go for it, let's all make our dreams come true. If you're interested in my writing you can see some of it on Twitter here, I mostly upload haikus but I'm hoping for some acceptance letters from magazines soon.

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by arlo atomickk

posted

a tip for getting your writing out there: try to enter local competitions and poetry readings because things like that can end up getting your stuff published in your local news and stuff :)

Report Reply

Reply by mumbojayjumbo

posted
updated

Seeking competitions is important and try to make some networks out there if you attend uni or have a English or lit teacher. There's always something going in the internet too so keep ur eyes peeled and mind sharp. 

Report Reply