« General Forum

Is there any chat room for SpaceHey outside of the site, in case it goes down or theres maintenance ?

Posted by Fleefie

posted

Forum: General

Like, off of the website if it ever goes down. I thought abt it and Discord feels wrong bc of all of its flaws, maybe a Matrix room would work great ?

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Gray

posted

A matrix room sounds nice. I usually don't trust discord servers cause I've had too many friends get banned off the platform just for joining a server of people that didn't like them. It would also help more people use and maybe even switch to matrix as well.

Report Reply

Reply by Heliko

posted

I vote a telegram group cause it’s like discord except without half of it behind a paywall or the risk of being banned for nonsense

Report Reply

Reply by sanaa

posted

everskies?? u can also make characters and play gamess

Report Reply

Reply by Fleefie

posted

All of those sound like great ideas, but maybe a Matrix would be the way, Telegram seems a bit iffy, I don't know how willing I am to use my phone number for anything...

Report Reply

Reply by Heliko

posted
updated

To be fair, phone numbers just for signup (makes it harder to make a bunch of accounts) it’s only shared if you never set a username or you specifically share it yourself. I don’t give my number out to anyone except my job and immediate family xD; Phone number blocks are unreliable and there’s a lot of weirdos in the world~

Report Reply

Reply by Gray

posted

I prefer Matrix over Telegram because from what I hear and understand Matrix is much more secure and privacy focused. Sure it is a pain to understand at first but it wouldn't hurt for people to start getting used to having to take extra steps in the name of privacy and independence. Would probably be fitting for Spacehey as well as it's also trying not to be like big tech sites.

Report Reply