« Web, HTML, Tech Forum

SEARCHING FOR A QWERTY PHONE

ANYONE KNOW A GOOD QWERTY PHONE THAT CAN ACCESS TUMBLR, TWITTER, SPOTIFY, AND YOUTUBE? (AKA, ANYTHING THAT CAN CONNECT TO THE INTERNET)

I KNOW IT WILL PROBABLY BE HARD TO FIND SINCE MOST QWERTY PHONES ARE 3G AND 3G SHUT DOWN...

I WANT TO "DOWN-GRADE" MY PHONE AND GET A KEYBOARD PHONE, BUT I WANT TO KEEP THE MAIN APPS I USE MY PHONE FOR :3

PLZ HELP!!!

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by sti3chus

posted

blackberry passport have qwerty

Report Reply

> uniherz titan, imo it's way expensive and kind of ugly but it definitely definitely works (and i bet a bunch of stickers and rhinestones can fix anything)ย 

> blackberry passport, im not sure on what support system it runs, but if it's an android check the OS and see if it's compatible with the apps you want (which in that case it's a good option). If it runs on the blackberry support system don't bother I promise you nothing good will come out of itย 

> nokia asha 302, last time i checked it can run whatsapp, so i wouldn't be surprised if you can run more on it, but I haven't checked.ย 

> you can actually buy a qwerty attachment for some samsung phones incase you happen to own oneย 

Remember that using the website version of the apps you want also works!! I own a phone which can't hold all the apps I want to use but the websites are perfectly functional :D

Report Reply

Reply by mikeyd

posted

biggest recommendation would be the unihertz titan pocket hands-down. i've used it for almost half a year and it is my favourite phone ever! it's rugged (seriously, it's the nokia brick of smartphones), runs android 11 and 4g so it can access pretty much every app as well as be used on mobile services, has a 16mp camera, bluetooth access, a headphone jack, a very comfortably-formatted keyboard with built-in numbers and symbols, and lastly has a programmable function key which can make the keyboard itself shortcut to apps within seconds! yes, the titan slim and the original titan have most of these qualities as well but the original titan is imo waay too big, ugly, and runs a less powerful software (android 10) and the titan slim, although running android 12, is not rugged in the slightest, has a very awkward and crampedย  keyboard placement where about only 20% of the actual phone is dedicated to the keyboard, and no headphone jack unfortunately :(. the cons of this phone mostly come from it's 716 x 720 1:1 screen ratio which does render the original twitter app and website itself useless unless you use specific "video downloader" apps that change the original format of the twitter app to make it work. asย for tumblr, only the web version works on my phone and the web version is 100%- i don't know if this is for everyone but the tumblr app just boots me back to my home screen. youtube and spotify work very smoothly as well as 90% of most browsers with the aid of a "mini mode" feature. hope this helped!

Report Reply