« Fashion, Style, Shopping Forum

trad goth clothing tips?

ive been in the goth scene for a few months but im definitely still a baby bat, i was hoping i could get some helpful tips !!

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by adam

posted

there are many ways to go about goth clothing, but mine is to buy just some plain staple pieces (black jeans, black shirts, black skirts or dresses, leather jackets, etc), and then really jazz up your outfit with accessories. whether they be pins and patches on a jacket, or more gothic jewelry, anything really goes.

i don't know if this really helps, but maybe you can get a general idea of what i was trying to get across.. lol.

Report Reply

Reply by Sleep

posted
updated

Don't underestimate the power of DIY and thrift stores. A lot of trad goth stuff is really close to punk rock. So u have like a lot of room to be creative. Don't feel like you have to buy from a bunch of goth brands like demonia and tripp and killstar n shit. That shit gets so expensive so quick lol.

Like for example I get a lot of t-shirts and rlly any kind of black clothing from the thrift and I'll add patches, or I'll add designs w bleach, or like sometimes I'll end up just cropping and cutting up a t-shirt and adding a bunch of safety pins and it always ends up looking sick. 

Report Reply