« General Forum

what's so funky about funko pops? i wanna hear from actual collectors

Posted by dino

posted

Forum: General

so i've been wondering this for a long time; what's so special about funko pops? i mean, i'm not saying something's wrong with them, it's just that some will go for thousands of dollars and yet at hot topic i'll spend more money on a t-shirt than on a pop. i wanted to ask this here hoping some collectors will give me a more in-depth answer rather than "because they follow the times!!!!" and this doesn't necessarily apply to funko pops, i'd like to hear the opinions of other collectors too. it's just that i'm writing an analysis for my school newspaper and all my sources practically say the same thing. cuz honestly, i don't think it's as simple as memorability.

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by Mo

posted

I don't really collect them anymore, but I used to for a while, back in early 2010s. And I guess the appeal to me was that back then it was often hard to get affordable figures of certain characters, plus something about the style I liked. They're kind of chibi like. Plus they all feel like they belong together, even if they were from completely different franchises, and because I used to be really into toy photography this was a big draw for me.

I've moved on to Youtooz now, which people consider to be quite similar, but I find the style and detail to be way better.

Report Reply