« Books and Stories Forum

book recs??

i'm tired of all the shit books tiktok is recommending LOL

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

what genre? i really like carry on by rainbow rowell for fantasy, the goldfinch by donna tartt is good contemporary, and where the crawdads sing is a good slow-paced mystery. hope this helps !!!<3

Report Reply

Reply by xX anya Xx

posted

thank you so much!! i've only watched the goldfinch film and funnily enough i own the book so i'll give it a read :)) i'll check out the others too! my fav genre tends to be psychological thriller but i'm open to all genres lool

Report Reply

Reply by ✞.Lacrimosa.✞

posted
updated

Hi I hope you are doing well!Β 

I saw in the comments that you liked psychological thrillers. It might not fit 100% the category but "These Violent Delights" by Micah Nevemerever touches a lot on the psychology and mind of two troubled guys each day closer to becoming killers. I don't know if it might fit your interests but I was pleasantly surprised when I first got the book :)Β Β 

Although I would check online the rating and possible content warnings of the book to see if it fits your preferences!Β 

Report Reply

Reply by xX anya Xx

posted

thank you so much for the rec! i'll check it out, it sounds super interesting! :))

Report Reply

Reply by eddie

posted

By nightfall by Michael Cunningham is a great book!Β 

its about this married couple, peter and Rebecca. peter has like an art job and Rebecca has a little brother in his twenties with a drug problem called Ethan (they all call him mizzy. short for the mistake) he comes to visit and her husband, peter. starts to question everything. good lgbt book.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Alex W

posted

Slaughterhouse Five - Kurt Vonnegut

Easily the most stylised/unique book I've read but still emotional and impactful whilst being super funny, can't recommend enough!! :))

Report Reply