« Books and Stories Forum

seeking recs for sci fi/post apocalyptic stories

Posted by mothman

posted
updated

Forum: Books and Stories

hiiii! im trying to dip my toes into sci-fi and apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic stories, including and esp. horror. i dont read a lot so im trying to get back into things... currently reading "do androids dream of electric sheep" and enjoying it!

my to-read list includes: the "a space odyessy" trilogy, world war z, the murderbot diaries, the martian, ender's game

i love robots and i love weird men especially when its a man being weird about another man god bless. i love weird horror and i love strange creatures. also a fan of queer fiction. i cant say ill read anything but im also not opposed to anything really

i will not immediately say no to romance but i am not generally interested in it UNLESS it is just a subplot or it involves robots

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by root

posted

Check out Dead Silence by SA Barnes and An Unkindness of Ghosts by Rivers Solomon! Both scifi/horror.

Report Reply

Reply by Doc

posted

If you want a comedy sci-fi book, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy is a classic for a very good reason. I believe it can very much be read as a weird man being weird about other men. It's not LGBT, but it is definitely camp. One of my favorite books of all time. I've been reading Finder Suzanne Palmer and Starship For Sale by M.R. Forbes and have been enjoying both of them. But I'm not nearly finished with either of them, so you know how that can change things LOL. 

Report Reply

Reply by xX3cheers4BellaXx

posted

Idk if you read comics (or graphic novels whatever you want to call them) but The few is really good and so is East of West it does have like romance but it's like a subplot.

Report Reply