« Back to the LUCID DREAMS Forum

Is lucid dreaming really that hard?

I've been trying it on and off for a long time but I never seem to get lucid :(

One time I became lucid in a dream but that was kinda random..

Right now I'm doing reality checks, WBTB (trying), MILD, and a bit of meditation before bed.

Am I doing it right or am I getting something wrong?

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Laighto

posted

Hello, sorry I haven't been around much.

Lucid dreaming is definitely harder for some people and easier for others. 

For example gamers tend to have more lucid dreams, because their brains are more used to that distorted reality, or fucked up images and everything that goes out of normal (which can happen in a dream just like in a game).

So yeah there's that.

Most of the time I got lucid it was random too for me.

I think you're doing just fine with reality checks and meditation but you gotta do the dream journal.

Everywhere I've read , that is a must.

Dream journal stimulates your dream memory, if you do a lucid dream then don't remember it what's the point ? So you gotta keep that dream journal behind the pillow, first thing in the morning is you note down your dreams with every detail possible, the more details you write the more it stimulates your memory and you'll remember more, colors, behaviour of people in your dream, clothes, how you felt about certain events etc... And you gotta do it before you get out of bed, the more time you spend before writing it down, the less you're gonna remember. So yeah.

Keep that journal filled. 

Also even if you don't do lucid dreams and you take the habit of writing down you last night dreams, it's a very nice thing to do, it's a total other world we aren't very used to, and you gonna learn stuff about yourself too.

I hope I've been of help !

Report Reply

Reply by tommy79

posted
updated

Hey there!

First of all, I want to assure you that your experience with lucid dreaming isn't uncommon. Many people find it challenging to achieve lucidity in dreams, especially if they are just starting out or haven't found the right technique that works for them.

You're on the right track with practicing reality checks, WBTB (Wake Back to Bed), MILD (Mnemonic Induction of Lucid Dreams), and meditation. These are all proven techniques that can help induce lucid dreaming. But remember, like any skill, lucid dreaming may take some time and patience to develop. Here are a few tips that may help you along your journey:

Consistency: Sticking to a routine and practicing your chosen techniques regularly can enhance your ability to lucid dream. Try to be consistent with your practice, even if you don't see immediate results.

Dream Journaling: If you're not already doing this, keeping a detailed dream journal can help you become more familiar with your dream patterns. Understanding your dreams better can increase your chances of recognizing when you're dreaming and becoming lucid.

Focus on Quality Sleep: Ensure that you are getting enough restful sleep. If you're tired or not sleeping well, it can affect your ability to lucid dream. Make sure your sleep environment is comfortable and conducive to quality sleep.

Adjust Techniques as Needed: Different methods work for different people, and it might take some experimentation to find what works best for you. Don't be afraid to try other techniques or variations of what you're currently doing.

Mindfulness and Meditation: Continue to explore meditation as it can improve your awareness and focus, both of which are essential for lucid dreaming. Perhaps look into guided meditations specifically geared towards lucid dreaming.

Stay Positive and Patient: Lucid dreaming is an incredible skill, but it may take time to master. Stay positive and patient with yourself. Your one random lucid dream is evidence that you can achieve it; keep that motivation going!

Consider Professional Guidance: If you continue to struggle, you might want to consider a lucid dreaming course or workshop. Sometimes having professional guidance tailored to your needs can make all the difference.

Remember, lucid dreaming is a personal and unique experience. What works for one person might not work for another, so stay curious and keep experimenting.

Report Reply