« Back to the Vent Refuge Forum

Vent Webshrine [pinned]

Posted by Vergil

posted
updated

Forum: Vent Refuge Group

Hey (ex-)Venties in January I created a small webpage to archive and appreciate Vent before the transfer was originally supposed to happen. Now that I know the app is going down for good, I’d like to share it to the group. I’ve archived every single emotion set (but not individual emotions) and written a little on Vent history and parts of Vent’s culture. I also tried to recreate the Vent UI we all know and love in the CSS of the page. It’s not perfect, and people more knowledgeable than me in the specifics are welcome to suggest changes, but it’s nice to have a little corner of the internet that preserves this hell app for the foreseeable future.

Page URL: https://falconiforme.neocities.org/vent

I’ve also sent the page to be saved in the Internet Archive in the event that Neocities or my website goes down, but it has a 3 hour waiting period for some reason. I’ll update the post when I get the archive link!

Edit:

Archived URL: http://web.archive.org/web/20230223231002/https://falconiforme.neocities.org/vent

Report Topic

9 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Ainsley

posted

wow, that's amazing!!! you've done an incredible job overall, and it looks beautiful! this'll be really nice to look back on if i'm honest, thank you for your hard work and efforts.

Report Reply

Reply by Selene

posted

It looks amazing! That's such a nice little commemoration

Report Reply

Reply by Taxidermy

posted

Oh this is so cute

Report Reply

Reply by vern

posted

awww this is so awesome and well made.. i luv that you included info abt the legacy set drama that was so funny

Report Reply

Reply by 𝙳𝚒𝚛𝚔

posted

Nice. Good work and thanks for doing it.

Report Reply

Reply by jack

posted

internet archivists r genuinely doing rlly important work i think. good job

Report Reply

Reply by Ainsley

posted
updated

oh, someone in a server im in (the one Drew made??? of all the things to happen) posted a version of the shirt that was white! i asked if i could share, and they said yes so!

a white vent t-shirtim not sure if you're interested in adding it to the merch part of the shrine, but i figured id share!

others were offering to share pics of the mugs that staff/volunteers(?)/moderators got when i mentioned your webshrine.

edit: got pics of and permission to share the mug one user received!
a vent mug that reads "vent volunteer | thank you for your contribution to helping vent become a safer and more positive community"the back of the mug also has the user's username at the time of helping! i assume all of the mugs were like this.
the back of the vent helper mug, it reads "@tachihara"

Report Reply

Reply by Vergil

posted

Holy shit this is amazing thank you! It’s super cool to see this stuff outside of the promo photos, thanks for sharing :]

Report Reply

Reply by Noa

posted

This is genuinely so cool. I really appreciate all the work you and others are doing to preserve what they can. Thank you for sharing!!!

Report Reply