« Religion and Philosophy Forum

Is Religion really a man-made, written concept, or does it actually direct from Celestial Beings?

I know, there's gonna be a lot of debate on this practical matter, but I just wanna know your opinions.
There are people who debate that a lot (or even all) religion are myth-based, and written by people themselves.
I can see signs of this supporting this idea, due to the Bible, which was a huge modification of of the original holy book(s).
But, there are significant events in our lives or even in history that proved some similarity to the ones written in the Holy Books.
But the main point is, do you guys think that people wrote the entire concept of religion like Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc?
Or you think that they are actually true to the creation of these scriptures by God(s) or even actual prophets which were alive, and even higher beings?

Report Topic

8 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Robot

posted

"It's a myth, because there's no proof, but it does exist, it's a good story."

Report Reply

Reply by namirian

posted

Well Robot, you do make a point. In many of the religious stories have impossible things that contradict the workings of the real world.

Report Reply

Reply by V Holeček Art

posted

Religion is humanity's attempt to assign structure and meaning to an otherwise chaotic and indifferent universe. 

Report Reply

Reply by StacyPinto

posted

Here the writing content would be pretty understandable to
all and help people to learn and explore new things. Through reading the others
writing stuff we able to improve our knowledge and boost our writings as well.
Keep it up to share proessaywriting tremendous recommending blog updates here.

Report Reply

Reply by Ginny M. Jones

posted

This always confuses people, but it is actually both. Let me show you.  

Genesis - Truth Revealed

Enjoy. 

Report Reply

Reply by annie

posted

this is actually such an interesting question 

personally i believe there are many ways you can prove the existence of a higher being so i believe that a higher being does exist and that religion is man-made interpretations/observations of it. If you think abt it almost every religion has a story to explain how things are created soooo

Report Reply

Reply by valocity95

posted

i feel like this question mixes in a lot of sociology aspects, no way in hell (pun intended) is that a bad thing.

we as humans are inately social and we need connection to something, anything. we need eachother, which is proven, but (correct me if i'm wrong) we have no studies showing that we need connection to a source of non-changing power. but we have these feelings, we need something to latch onto to keep us sane, all of us. think about your life, what keeps you? your routine. well what about it? 

it's all about structure to a degree. i think religion was the basis for that need of structure. so yes, it's man-made. i personally don't believe in god/spirtual figures but if you believe that there are any, by all means add onto my idea that we just haven't connected to them yet.

Report Reply

Reply by Amy

posted

Oh man, you're diving deep! These questions have been around for ages, and everyone seems to have a unique perspective based on their upbringing, experiences, and personal reflections.

1. Religion and Myths: Some people do see religious stories as myths or parables. That doesn't necessarily mean they dismiss them as "untrue" but rather interpret them as stories or allegories meant to convey deeper truths or lessons. Remember how Aesop's fables aren't "true" stories, but they still teach values and principles? Some approach religious texts in a similar way.

2. Historical Accuracy: Some events or figures from religious texts have historical evidence supporting their existence. But interpreting these events and their significance can vary widely. For example, there's historical evidence suggesting that a man named Jesus did exist, but beliefs about his divinity and significance vary across religions and individuals.

3. Divinely Inspired vs. Human-Created: There's a spectrum of belief here. Some believe every word in their religious texts is directly from God, while others think the texts are human interpretations or reflections on the divine. Others think religious figures, like prophets, interpreted divine revelations based on their understanding and cultural context, making the texts a mix of divine inspiration and human interpretation.

4. Personal Experiences: A lot of people's beliefs are rooted in personal experiences or encounters they interpret as divine. These experiences can be so powerful and personal that they shape one's faith and beliefs, even if they might not align with established religious narratives.

5. Cultural and Historical Context: It's worth noting that all religious texts were written in a specific cultural and historical context. Some believe these contexts influenced the narratives and teachings.

It's clear there's no one-size-fits-all answer. Everyone's journey with faith, belief, and religion is deeply personal. What's most important is what resonates with you and how it influences your life and values. But hey, always love a good philosophical chat! What are your thoughts on all this?

Report Reply