« Back to the Vent Refuge Forum

introduction thread 🖊 [pinned]

Posted by 𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 🦴

posted
updated

Forum: Vent Refuge Group

this is a forum for members to provide a lil info on themselves and who they were / what they did on Vent.

my name's raven and im @yoko on the app. 🦴
i largely kept to myself but i made tag memes from time to time on @braixen

Vent was recommended to me by my lovely friend tali quite some time ago; it took me a bit to get used to what it was and all the social cues, but i eventually came to love it. its super simple format, nonsensory-heavy layout and the separation it had from corporate-heavy social media made it a top favorite for me. its a shame to see the way that it is now, though i can understand how difficult it is to keep it running. we will see where it goes. alas, i am thankful for all the cool memories and epic friends i met on there. i love them very much. 💚

it is nice to know that, despite it all, we still have each other

cheers venties 

orange tabby on the computer

Report Topic

56 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Vergil

posted

Nice to meet you all, and it’s great to see some people I’m already familiar with in here. I’m Vergil and I’m @Viper on the Vent app (will hopefully continue to be until its untimely demise). I don’t really have a big name for myself on Vent afaik but I created a handful of alterhuman tag memes on @Otherkin that you may have seen around.

I’m an enjoyer of Vent’s history and its unique characteristics, and I recently created a small webpage that goes over some key things I find most interesting about the place and shows my appreciation for the app and the better things it’s known for, you can see that here. I think Vent has a really neat little community that’s really benefitted from and been allowed to grow due to having so little outside influence from the big social media companies. Like a deep sea ecosystem unknown to science.

I picked up SpaceHey about a month ago since it’s popular in my old web revival circles and I’ve really grown to love this place, especially the ability to customise profiles which I don’t think I’ve ever really used on any other platform. I’m too young to have any genuine nostalgia for MySpace, but the idea for this site is still really cool to me. I really hope more Vent users discover and enjoy this place and hang out over here!

Report Reply

Reply by ✧˖°. star ಇ

posted

hi venties!

i am star, 24 years old and .starbutterfly on vent. i have been a part of vent since 2015 - it has been a large part of my mental health and i have made so many cherished friends there. while i am deeply saddened by it's possible passing, i am grateful we were able to find an alternative through spacehey. 

i love all sorts of anime/cartoons and games, (nge, pmmm, mlp, svtfoe and more) and knit + bake in my spare time along with doing art. 

it's so nice to meet you all!

Report Reply

Reply by Robin

posted

hi venties!!

i'm desmond and i'm @brotherhood on vent! i've literally been on vent for 6 years so the thought that it might die is fucking shit scary but we move ig.

i love the nostalgic vibe of spacehey so much and i like that it's more of a "slow" social media where i dont feel pressured to post regularly or be "active" - and if i really wanted to make a "quick" post i could post a bulletin.

im excited to see how spacehey develops.

Report Reply

Reply by Selene

posted
updated

Hi everyone, I'm Selene (vent user @.marine) and I have been on Vent since 2017. It can be a source of ire but it's so unique so I will definitely miss it if it goes down or if we can't keep the old format. Spacehey definitely seems really fun tho!

Report Reply

Reply by Charlie

posted
updated

Hi, I'm. coastal on Vent. I've been a member of Vent since 2017, and I've been there for all the highs and lows since then. Vent has meant a lot to me, but even if it does get integrated, I don't know if I'm going to like it anymore. Talklife just looks so weird.

I own a Vent shirt... or I did. Pretty sure I donated it. I wonder if the person who has it now wears it? Lol. I have a picture if anyone's curious

Report Reply

Reply by lincoln

posted

hi *waves* im lincoln, i dont like to post any of my social media accounts unless we're friends already but you can dm me to ask what my vent uns are, or at least I think you can. I've only been on vent about a year but i am really interested in the community and culture so I'm following it wherever it goes. spacehey is new to me in the sense that i was on myspace like 10+ years ago and have forgotten all about it. nice to meet you, please take care.

Report Reply

Reply by ༓☾ billie ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

posted
updated

hi everyone!! i'm billie, i haven't been active on vent in a bit (i kept thinking i should get back to it and now it might die... a tragedy truly) but my most recent un was @noirneige. i've also used @khemia and @chaoticgood fairly recently, and i was also on vent as @chaoticgood and several other usernames a few years back during college. i had @blackparade for a while, but i don't anymore. it was cool at the time though. sorry for the whole ramble - i changed my un a LOT (as you can tell!) and i want to give everyone the best chance of recognizing me that i can.

anyway, i got spacehey a few weeks ago because i love old internet aesthetics and customization and i was also a little too young for myspace and never got to be the myspace emo i am in my heart. but now i can! and it's really neat to see people from vent coming over here. i met some of my closest friends on vent and i loved being a part of it, and i'm glad we can keep it going even if something does happen to vent. can't wait to talk to everyone!!

Report Reply

Reply by Cole 𓁹

posted

Waaaaa I still barely know how to use this!!

But Hi! I'm Cole :3 or .mercutio on vent! I'm 19 and been on vent since 2017 or so. It's nice to meet y'all and I hope I'm able to make some good friends (⁠ꏿ⁠﹏⁠ꏿ⁠;⁠)

Myspace wasn't around when I started the internet BUT I think this is awesome and it's cool that we all got to be on a site with this much control over our profiles :3. I love vent and have been active on and off for a while. I really like the community/communities on there!! The upcoming integration is really gonna mess up what I have on my profile there, so I hopped on here (⁠^⁠~⁠^⁠;⁠)⁠ゞ

Report Reply

Reply by PIZZA 🍕

posted

hey! vent user .vere here. i've used the app since around 2016 and it's been a ride! i hope it does not die because it's my fave.. social media. and i can't find any other app quite like it. 

i remember my first user being .rayny!! it was like play on my name at that time and rainy so. lol. nice memories. i'm really glad we have this myspace like thingy it's honestly really cool and i looove profile customization. so. Lmao.

Report Reply

Reply by scorpion

posted

hey survivors im said lovely friend tali 👋 im renown vent psychologist @.scorpion and i love nothing more than my lab rats. im quite a veteran, ive been on vent for over seven years now and ill probably die with this ship if it ever breaks. im always looking for active non-gentrified communities and subcultures, so spacehey is definitely up my sleeve 

come follow me, im part of a bunch of subcultures including goth (ebm), furries and (other)kin, plus im an illustrator and my passion is psychology, so i post about a lot of mental health related stuff!

Report Reply

Reply by Rowan

posted

Hi Venties :-)

I'm Rowan (I also go by Dante), and I'm user .Redgrave/.Conjunx/.OW2 on Vent! I've been on Vent for a while now--ever since the year 2019/I was 17 actually. I haven't been as social on it as I am now up until 2020 or so? Meaning that, even though I've been on the app for a spell, I'm not in the know about a lot of what's happened on there as a lot of people are. ^^;

I don't have the motivation to maintain a physical journal, so I've used Vent for just that for as long as I've been on there. I still plan on keeping my account for as long as possible, and I don't intend to leave at all, but with how things are headed, I've also been searching for an alternative site to go to and sorta landed here!

It's a pleasure to meet you all!

Report Reply

Reply by felix

posted

hi besties im felix aka vent user .itaru. ive been using vent since like 2016 and it has permanently altered my sense of self. i have the social skills of an old shoe so i dont expect to be well recognized but im always open to making new pals. i dont plan on leaving vent until it dies but i had to jump on the bandwagon and now im having so much fun building my little profile. i use vent more like a diary with an audience than a social media platform so it might be nice to try something different for once. im going to talk a bunch about games and my silly interests, im looking forward to having fun with everyone.

Report Reply

Reply by ꕥ r h y s .

posted

hi gamers! i'm @dote on vent, but otherwise known as rhys 🌸 i used to use vent heavily back in the day, but it was pretty on and off what years i was there for-- alas i missed most of the ventie drama but i plan to keep vent until it dies... its such an aesthetic app, and even if i dont have my sub anymore 🥹 its still good ol memories. 

anyways feel free to req me!! <3 we out here vibing!! 

Report Reply

Reply by Ainsley

posted
updated

well! i guess i'm officially here now. i was/am vent user "NightmareFuel". i like a lot of webcomics--esp if they're horror, and i write a lot. i'm pretty bad at talking to people, but i try, and it's nice to see so many people here already <3

Report Reply

Reply by ☆ Glow ☆

posted

Nice to meet everyone!! Ive been on vent since i was 15 so the announcement of its closure is devastating tbh. I most recently was on there as @meowskulls

Vent was so important to me and my mental health as a teenager, and it was a nice place to be a kinnie publicly with no backlash!

Im super into cartoons and lots of video games and uhhh webtoons idk but most of my interests are listed on my account!!!

If yall wanna be mutuals here add me ️ adults only cuz im 23 now ^^

Report Reply

Reply by ♡ lotus ♡

posted

I was .Iotus (iotus) on vent!

Report Reply

Reply by ZIM / luke

posted

hi gamers im (L)uke im 22 and im a kinnie, i was vent user .http

my cohost has an account on vent too, he was .sord so if any of you were muts with him im sorry he couldnt make a post before vent hit the shitter </3

Report Reply

Reply by starsong⋆。°✩

posted

hey everyone!! im a bit late posting this but ;p my name is starsong and I was .hythlo on vent!! ^__^ im very sad to see it be taken down but I’m excited to see where Spacehey goes!! I am a huge kinnie and a lover of capybaras

feel free to add me, i love to chat!!

Report Reply

Reply by sol

posted

hi guys, nice to meet you all on this sinking ship! i'm soleil, but you can call me sol. i've been on vent since the beginning of 2019 and now i'm trying to distance myself from the app as it dies. i'm 21 years old and use they/them pronouns. i live in germany where i am on my way to become a dental technician, which is a profession i'm passionate about!

in my free time i like to draw, write poetry, play around with CSS and play video games. i'm also a bit of a hoarder and a collector of all things that capture my interest: books, plushies, vinyls, cassettes, minerals, playing card decks, lego ninjago minifigures and merch. i also hace OCs which i love to talk about to anyone who would listen!!

my casual conversation skills are basically nonexistent, but i like discussions and love to listen to people, i hope that's enough for this type of social media.

my music and genre tastes are varied and quite fluid, i am willing to check out any recommendations and discuss them! my favourite animals are cats, frogs and dumbo squids.

take care, everyone. change is terrifying but i hope we will persevere.

Report Reply

Reply by Rei

posted

Hihi! I was @YOHIO on vent, but some know me as Mika!! Some of you might know me by my past users; notably .fucktown and .robotic! To any past mutuals, it's really good to see you again!! I came onto Spacehey through my best friend, and was a returning Vent user who registered in roughly 2018 before going on an undisclosed hiatus!!

Glad to be here, and I'm deeply disheartened by Vent's sudden expiration. I hope to make some friends, and to maybe recite ol' times with previous mutuals.

Report Reply

Reply by mika

posted

hi im normal boy i was most recently .gropius on vent but for a good while its been .hold lol........ umm idk what to say im silly and i had a lot of usernames & liked to be a normal amount of rude. umm YAOI ^o^

Report Reply

Reply by polaris

posted

on vent.co i was always pretty laid back but i was user .togami in case anyone wants to say hi.

desperately trying to figure out the lay of the land here still, i'm fascinated to see how things go

Report Reply

Reply by ❥ ― 𝑮𝑨𝑩𝑬 ❣

posted

hey!! im gabriel, i was @.gabriel / @.reyes / @.rhato most recently before vent died. glad we can all seek refuge here. i was on the app since 2015!!

Report Reply

Reply by james

posted
updated

hello pixel people!

i'm james/theo. wasn't so active on vent anymore but i'm @.james from there. been a user of that app since 2016 and it'll always have a special spot in my brain. 🙏 i'm 26, my pronouns are he/they, and to any of my old vent mutuals: COME HOME. currently rattling everyone's cages.

i love books/reading first and foremost and i enjoy making ocs and consuming media in general. feel free to be mutuals here too!

Report Reply

Reply by ★ CAIRO ☆

posted

Hiya!! I'm Cairo and I was @/akiyamas on vent!! I'm 20 and I wasn't really active or known on vent but i recognize a few people!! I'm a kinnie (obviously) and I love doing art, voice acting, gaming, and just a bunch of stuff. I love making friends and talking to new people!!

Report Reply

Reply by Yasha Nydoorin

posted

Hey I'm yasha and I was well .yasha on vent and I'm a kinnie, I have been on vent since 2017 and was practically known as the werewolf butch lesbian and blasting the butch beam at my kins and any character I found interesting.

Report Reply

Reply by Jax

posted

Hiiii I'm Jax! I was @les on vent. Idk if any of my mutuals (other than tali) are in here but even if we werent muts ur free to friend me if u want! I've been on vent since 2015 and I'm gonna miss it so much. I haven't really gotten a hang of this site yet but it's fun so far and I look forward to getting more into :-)

Report Reply

Reply by ☆ iggy ☆

posted

Hii! I'm Iggy! I'm 25 and use he/they/it pronouns mostly but I'm fine with any but she. 

I don't really have a super long winded introduction but I have my carrd on my page !! I was .vermin on vent :) 

Report Reply

Reply by Carcass

posted

Heya heya, I’m Carcass and had the un for my name. I go by Ey/It and have been on vent since about 2016/17 as well. I’ve been kind of all over but I used .Ieon, .oddjobs, .kal, .BBJ and .liar most recently if i remember correctly. I hope some of my muts managed to see that I moved to spacehey.. y’all were so cool and I didn’t have everyone on discord ‍💫

I’m not really anywhere else because I really don’t like social medias that encourage image posting it stresses me out and on top of that now I have my own little corner I can yell in that people Can look at if they want but they don’t have to and now nobody can call me cringe for TF2 posting in 2023. (they definitely can. i’m cringe)

Report Reply

Reply by Carcass

posted

Heya heya, I’m Carcass and had the un for my name. I go by Ey/It and have been on vent since about 2016/17 as well. I’ve been kind of all over but I used .Ieon, .oddjobs, .kal, .BBJ and .liar most recently if i remember correctly. I hope some of my muts managed to see that I moved to spacehey.. y’all were so cool and I didn’t have everyone on discord ‍💫

I’m not really anywhere else because I really don’t like social medias that encourage image posting it stresses me out and on top of that now I have my own little corner I can yell in that people Can look at if they want but they don’t have to and now nobody can call me cringe for TF2 posting in 2023. (they definitely can. i’m cringe)

Report Reply

Reply by Taxidermy

posted
updated

I was .Taxidermy on Vent, but I frequently switched between that and .Shatterstar or .Pete. I would say most of my posting was about comic books, but occasionally I would post about animanga, video games, literature, or politics. I was just a silly little thing.<3

Report Reply

Reply by dia

posted

hihi!! im dia, i was .lunala on vent and i was a real OG. there since like 2015 when custom emote sets didn't exist, the creativity set was the new huge thing and "same"ing peoples vents was considered a crime. like genuinely that was the level of drama we were on

i have a kin mems account on there im trying to manually archive but the app isnt working because of the volume of ppl on there doing the same thing

Report Reply

Reply by Possum

posted

Hi hi, Im Possum!
I was/am(I can't let go yet dgjdf) @.Kibby on Vent. I went by @.Mussop for a long while too and something else I honestly don't even remember. I've had several accounts over the years but I've been on since 2016. 

Report Reply

Reply by The Pandorica

posted

Hi venties, nice to meet you! And hi to the people I recognise, ily all! My name is Frank! I'm the host of The Pandorica, a DID system. My username on Vent was .duke, and some other alters used .inferior! Whether we were muts on Vent or not, let's be friends on here. We're in the trenches together.

I have used Vent pretty much daily since 2015. It's been a huge part of my life and I met some of my best, dearest friends over there. It was my silly little safe space to talk about my mental health and my kinnie cringe. I don't know yet what I'm gonna do without it but I guess I'm just gonna move my cringeposting to spacehey.

Report Reply

Reply by Meeka

posted

Hello everyone! I am very new to Spacehey, so apologies if I make any mistakes. I'm Kurt / Meeka, formerly KURT on Vent. I was also PIKO (tag memes), SFV (username lists), and kinform (kin information).

Vent has been my primary social media since 7 February, 2016. Really my only social media. I've grown up with it, spent 1/3rd of my life there -- all throughout high school and my undergrad -- and I am not handling the news well. 

I'm hoping to use this group to archive my (many, many) tag memes and reconnect with my vent mutuals! I'm not yet sure how actively I'll use the site, though. Either way I'm so glad to see everyone!!

Report Reply

Reply by 𝕍𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕒

posted
updated

Hi all! I'm Angel, 22, she/it/they for now. I was user .dream on Vent most recently but you might've known me as .no or .juicebox/.september if you knew me WAY back then (so sorry if you witnessed that era of me). I've been on Vent since 2016/2017? I met some of the most important people in my life on there! 

I posted to groups periodically but I didn't step out of my circle much other than to make more friends. It's going to be really weird for me not having Vent to go to anymore but I've found some other cool places (like here) and cool people that I wouldn't have seen or met if I didn't step away from the platform. If anyone wants to be friends feel free to add me! I have like. No idea how to use this site but I'm trying. Feel free to add me!

Report Reply

Reply by jack

posted

hi all! im jack i'm 20 and i use he/him and i was (well, am, for the next two days) .frankcastle on vent and before that i went by .mastermindtaka or .autopiiot for a really long time! nice to see that some of this community will survive as i originally joined vent in like 2015 and its been my most used social media ever since. glad we have each other as we bid farewell to that flaming dumpster of an app :p

im also on tumblr at .cawcawbang if anyones interested!

Report Reply

Reply by pretense

posted

hi! i am pretense. also pretense on vent. i was on vent on and off throughout the years, but mostly in 2017, 2018, 2021, and 2022. i loved using that app as the community members i had met there had made me feel the most welcome ever and it sucks that because of poor management it is all going downhill. migrated here because sup is still only for ios, and because this site reminded me of a website i used to roleplay on yeaaars ago. but anyway hello! i have two ferrets.

Report Reply

Reply by ★ Stevie ★

posted

Hello!! I'm Stevie (she/her), my un on vent is currently @wardevil (wardevii), but before that it was @daredevil (daredevii). I've been on vent since 2016 I think. It was a huge part of my life in high school and was where I first learned about kin. I'm sad to see it go but unfortunately seems like it was a long time coming. I'm hoping to find some of my muts again here though !!

Report Reply

Reply by gladiolus

posted
updated

Currently @Vexillum on Vent. I had previous accounts, and used Vent quite a lot around 2018ish, stopped after that. @dollop was one of my public accounts. Anyway, looking for fictionkinnie friends, add me if you wish to be plagued by my thoughts.

Report Reply

Reply by clawed

posted
updated

howdy y’all 

i am/was @clawed on vent 

just yr resident space loving dork. 

i’m mainly using “sup” but will be on here sometimes

feel free to add, minors do not interact. c:

Report Reply

Reply by Ghost

posted
updated

I'm Crow, I'm 24 and I was WolfLink and quirrel on vent. I was on vent since about 2016, I would've been only 17 back then! Gradually after joining, vent had become my place for documenting life things and incidentally, things related to having polyfragmented DID. Vent was the only place I would open up and just type out my thoughts or talk about things I'd accomplished that day. Despite how much I think vents DID/OSDD-1 community was terrible, I still was somehow able to find a small circle of mutuals and friends (including my best friend!) I trusted and found so much understanding from. I will probably always remember vent in a bittersweet way because of it!

I will probably continue to make posts here, though probably not as frequently since the format isn't suited as much for jotting down passing thoughts! I am open to meeting new mutuals here though! :) We like to post about our art projects (drawing/knitting/scrapbooking), daily happenings, rambles about DID things and who knows what else in the future!

Report Reply

Reply by Steven 🌟

posted

How's it going, everybody?

"Did you Bismuth me?"

I was formerly known as @Steven on a peculiar little app called Vent.

I've made that weird little mouth circus my home since 2016. That's when I was fourteen! [I'm twenty now!] I've seen the Most Discussed, #ShitPopVentersSay, emotion sets, the introduction of Groups, the DISCOURSE GROUP and its successors... you may recognize me more as @Mario!

As sad as this sort of thing is to admit, Vent really was an important part of my life all these years—it's kinda crazy to think about how much I've seen, and I can't believe we've come so far! I can't say I know what I'm gonna be doing with myself when the clock strikes midnight, but I thought I'd stop on by and see what you're all up to.

I'll be hanging around! 🌟

Report Reply

Reply by Hanni

posted

Hi Venties!! I'm Sol, he/she, I was introduced to Vent by my girlfriend when I was 14 years old and the app outlasted the girl lmao I was .ieatboys / .nonboonary / .BatFreak I'm gonna really really miss it but I'm loving SpaceHey so far! I'm obsessed with Batman and Hannibal and I love new friends!

RIP VENT

Report Reply

Reply by QueenJazzy

posted
updated

hi Venters!

my name is Jazzy/Jazz and i was .Jasmin/.QueenJasmin on Vent. im 23, she/they.

ive been on vent since November 2016 and im truly heartbroken that it will all come to an end. vent has been a huge part of my life and has helped me grow as an individual so the fact i wont be able to use it anymore will be extremely difficult for me but i hope this can be a new safe space for me.

I hope to find my mutuals here (and other places aswell) :) feel free to add me if we werent mutuals aswell, always open to making new friends!!

Report Reply

Reply by izanagi

posted

hey everyone! i'm aiden or .izanagi off vent. i knew i used vent for a while and turns out it's been since early january of 2017 which is crazy. during that 5 years i went through so much change and imma miss that funky lil app i'd just shout my thoughts on

f for respects to that lil app

Report Reply

Reply by Marley

posted

Hi, I'm Addy, I was @aIchemy. I was never super active but I've been using vent on and off since like 2016. Something about the app layout just kept me coming back, yknow. At first it was just general interest, and then trying to get away from Instagram/Twitter/etc, then I was there for kin reasons... Either way, I'm gonna miss the place, even if it barely worked half the time. Picked up the idea of SpaceHey from everyone else on CKFC. Hopefully we can still have some kind of community like we did on vent, even if it might never be quite the same.

Report Reply

Reply by Leah

posted

Hi everyone, I was Kokorokisses on vent. I recently joined spacehey to find my vent mutuals. I'm very sad that vent is going to be deleted but at least I can meet more vent people on here. If you were mutuals with me on vent please let me know and add me. 

Report Reply

Reply by ectoBiologist

posted

hi, folks! i was @ectoBiologist on vent, and my alter kanaya was @grimAuxiliatrix (rip our canon usernames). i wasn't super active with interacting with other people on vent and mostly just stayed in my own little bubble (the app was more for journaling for me than anything else), so i hope i get to expand a little bit on here and make new friends!

Report Reply

Reply by Emmett

posted

Waaaa hi!! I was @emmett on vent and i really only stayed within my circle of mutuals and only occasionally dared to interact with people and post in the ckfc, but it was always a treat just to scroll through and see what my mutuals/the other members of that horrid group were up to!! If I'm remembered for anything (which I'm probably not tbh) it's for having an obscene amount of characters from musicals on my kinlist and obsessively posting about old shows that basically none of my mutuals knew or cared about.

I remember joining vent around 2015 or 2016 bc i saw some of my kin friends from amino (incredibly cursed) talking about making accounts there, and i figured i should too. I've been using it on and off in the 7ish years since then and I'm tbh really gonna miss its incredibly frustrating presence in my life and all of the mutuals that I'm probably not gonna find on any other platform!!

Report Reply