« Back to the Fiction Podcasts / Audio Dramas Forum

What's your favorite fiction podcast? (actually just an excuse to ramble about HftH but please tell me about your favourite fiction podcasts too)

My favourite is Hello from the Hallowoods, a queer horror fiction podcast featuring a large ensemble cast of really interesting characters. The story is beautifully bittersweet and in between the spookier moments it's actually a pretty relaxing listen at least for me. Every episode is comprised of three short stories each following a different character often in a completely separate location who all have their own storylines that tie together into one big plot spiderweb in some very interesting ways.

The shows cosmic horror of a narrator, Nikignik (an indescribable being who is talking to you via your nightmares) has a very interesting narration style and the things that get focused on and the metaphors that get used make the podcast have a very distinct feel that's difficult to properly put into words.

Mostly the podcast features a combination of gothic and existential horror mixed with environmental dystopia.

Also I feel like it's important to mention the entirety of the main cast is queer in some way and the podcast features multiple trans and nonbinary characters, a character who goes by neopronouns, an aromantic character, an asexual character and polyamorous characters among other things which makes me really happy because those things are fairly rarely depicted in media.

If you like horror that's more on the subtle side of things or if you happen to think moths are kind of gender I can't recommend this podcast highly enough to you because it's really good and I don't know anyone who's listened to it but you should definitely listen to it

"Come walk between the black pines!"

https://open.spotify.com/show/05dIxkX1HboIVEiWCa6ShR?si=7967899a6d2a43bf

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by Oakes

posted

I should really get around to listening to this one! It honestly seems up my alley. There are so many podcasts out there I need to listen to jksfd

Report Reply