« Games Forum

☆ Nostalgic video games ☆

Posted by mumube (she/her)

posted

Forum: Games

What games are nostalgic for you and why?

• Wind Waker is such a comfort game and brings back memories of when everything was just. So simple. I rly took that time for granted and i would give so much to experience it for the first time again

• Wolfquest was this rly weird 3D computer game made by a zoo. Everything about it played out like a wolf’s late 2000s fever dream on the world’s slowest PC. It was lovely 

Report Topic

8 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Mike

posted

I have a certain amount of nostalgia for every Pokemon gen but this is especially the case for gen 2 pokemon for me. I still remember how impressed I was by all the bright colors and new designs, and it had really wonderful exploration. So much cool and mysterious side stuff to do.

I’m with you on Wind Waker too! I was stuck for so long on the first visit to Forsaken Fortress

Report Reply

Reply by mumube (she/her)

posted

Ohhh yeah gen2 pokemon was awesome especially for the time! Probably a completionist’s nightmare bcs of how much side stuff there was but it’s great. Ty for sharing :)

Report Reply

Reply by poppyp

posted

oml i loved wolf quest as a kid. I used to play it with my sister and we'd roleplay wolf family

I might've gotten a bit carried away, but here are my favorites :

All are for the PC : 
- Barbie Magic of the Pegasus
I used to spend hours doing the pegasus courses. as a kid i could never figure out the puzzles, but nowadays when i go back to play it the game really only takes like 20 minutes max. It's got the full story from the movie and some puzzles tacked in there. Call me crazy but I personally think the graphics actually hold up surprisingly well for a licensed game. I still think it looks quite pretty. The music and voice lines still live in my head rent free, though. 4/5 stars "sHiVeR kNoWs"

- Barbie as Rapunzel : A Creative Adventure
There's a video of me playing this game as a 4 year old with my mom somewhere where I'm belting the lyrics to the opening song. I still know all the lyrics. This game is 99% just an interactive coloring book, so it can be finished in like 5 minutes if you just spam through it but that's not the goal. I personally can't get much enjoyment out of this game aside from the opening song, but it's still better than most "adult coloring books." 3/5 stars "Stefan the prince can't be found..." (he's in the maze right outside the castle)

- My Little Pony : Friendship Gardens
This game holds a special place in my heart as a game that never worked on native hardware and doesn't work on modern hardware any better. Do I still boot it up every now and then for that killer soundtrack and those satisfying 'pony-eating-an-apple.wav's ? Hell yeah, I do ! This game is special. Because you can plant and grow pizza in your garden and then pick your freshly grown pizza off the vine to feed to your pony. Then, when you've fed you're pony way too much pizza, a little talking butterfly will fly out from the menu to tell you that your pony's eaten too much and therefore needs some medicine. As a kid, my pony always had a bellyful of peptobismol because all I ever did was feed her and play hide and seek. The actual goal of this game is similar to Cats the musical believe it or not. Make your pony happy by playing minigames, talking to other ponies, training, and gardening and then she eventually goes to the Heaviside Layer Ponyville. 5/5 stars "YoU hAvE tO mOvE yOuR pOnY oUt Of ThE wAy 🦋"

Report Reply

posted

YOOO I thought I was the only one who remembered that acid trip of a game!!

Barbie fr has it all: games, shows, movies, a true girlboss indeed. Your retelling of the MLP game had me dying lmaooo, but it looks so fun and cute to play. I looked it up and it just radiates the magic of old PC games 

Report Reply

Reply by earthb0und

posted

I remember 'playing' cave story on my dad's pc when i was little (translated as going nowhere fast and making no progress, ever) and then letting him make actual progress for me later TwT.  i think about it a lot, doing meaningless running around on a horribly panting mac that wanted to put out of its misery <3

Report Reply

posted

Awww that’s actually adorable never played cave story but I heard it’s a great game! Ty for sharing :)

Report Reply

Reply by xenon

posted

the shopaholic games and webkinz
flash is dead and ganz deleted a bunch of old inactive accounts so while it would be possible for me to play them again, it'd be kind of hard

Report Reply

Reply by denny.luyis

posted

Service https://boosthive.eu/w is a renowned boosting provider because to its extensive service alternatives for several games and reliability. The numerous orders they have completed and the good reviews they have earned on REVIEWS.io demonstrate their commitment to giving customers with exceptional experiences. The fact that the owner and each manager have personally completed over 300 orders demonstrates their dedication and ability.

Report Reply